Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Ometh
nobody

Bunch of unfinished shit I might never finish (Mostly DM, GP5/GP4/MIDI)

I was just listening to a song I really like but I never managed to finish ("eerie", it was material for my old band) and I decided it was time to post most of my unfinished material to see whats your take on it.
If you guys need some backstory: two years ago, maybe more, I decided to start a band with what I considered then one of my best friends. We first started as a Melodeath/Thrash sort of deal, and then morphed into a more old school DM sort of deal ("pure old school swedish brutality (cocky I know)"), with some of my later works being really blast heavy and a bit Grindcore influenced ("eerie").
Some of the songs were never intended for the band at all, like the "Untitled 1" and "song 4", but when the fuck I'm gonna have a chance of sharing them then?
Some of the songs I'm a bit on the verge, like the "weird songy", but I'm pretty ok with most of them. I'm thinking about maybe, in the (maybe not so) near future releasing them in a band situation, if I ever manage to find one that's willing to use old material, or maybe release it solo as a last resort, but for that I need some help digging through the turds to find the gold nuggets, if there are any. C4C is applied here, as always.

EDIT: After digging through all this shit (a folder with 100 files and then double checking another with 340+ files) I found the absolute first riff I created jamming with my then friend and band mate: "PENISES EVERYWHERE" is where it got serious, and we got really pumped about it. I still remember coming up with the tapping riff in his bedroom, as I tuned my guitar up. We quicky ran to his PC to type it on GP so we wouldn't forget, and we then came up with the first riff. I remember it as it was yesterday ;_;

Also to note that I removed every contribuition he had to this files, so that's why there are some missing solos and stuffz. Everything here was written by me.

EDIT2: I'm not asking you guise to review all of them obv lol, just one would be cool, but if you want to really help review a bunch of them: remember that all of these are incomplete, meaning most of them are pretty short.

EDIT3: Solo at 73 from the "song separated from it's umbilical chord xD" it's not mine, so just erase it or something. There's no way I'm replacing 108 files for a 4 bar solo.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GP5.zip (76.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: zip GP4.zip (51.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip MIDI.zip (76.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Ometh : 10-25-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Aintnobodygottimefo'dat.avi

Jokes aside, Untitled 1 is my favourite out of this. So much Obscura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Aintnobodygottimefo'dat.avi

I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Jokes aside, Untitled 1 is my favourite out of this. So much Obscura.

I didn't even know Obscura back then
I think I wrote it back in the end of 2009/beginning of 2010: one of the first serious songs I've ever written. And it was mostly influenced by later Death, and since Obscura are kinda similar to them I see the connection.

Last edited by Ometh : 10-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: