Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #2661
OldRocker
Stuck in the 70s

Forgot to mention I got my AR15 3 months ago. It's an MP15 556 Nato and what a sweet carbine it is. I've been wanting an AR15 for a long time and seeing how the prices are going down I grabbed one at my local range. Then I see them still going lower in prices, damn.

At least I'm glad I got one even though I paid $679 for mine. I was uncertain of the future. The MP15 ranks up there with the big boys.
OldRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #2662
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!

I finally broke down and bought a .223, despite my belief that it's only good for coyote-sized game and down. I was enjoying shooting my 7.92x57 but at over $1/rd. it was going to bankrupt me so I hit the pawn shops fully intending to pick up a cheap little lever-action .22, left with a Rossi Single-shot .223 instead. Came with a leather case, leather sling, and optics mount. All for $150.

I took it straight to the range, wasn't really happy with the accuracy, but I cleaned out the bore when I was done. I've never seen so much garbage come out of a bore. The accuracy really picked up the next time. Today I found out that Rossi made barrels in 18 different calibers for this gun, it was intended to be a sort of One Stop Shop for new hunters on a budget but never really caught on. The barrels range from$120 to $160. So I'm going to probably pick up a 308 barrel and have a nice compliment to the Mauser in the deer/pig category during deer season and a nice varmint gun in .223 for the rest of the year. If nothing else, I'll let the girlfriend hunt with it since she likes it in .223 and she's sworn to never shoot my Mauser again.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete Fudd and if I just shit all over your favorite caliber I'm sorry. Really I am. I just don't like hunting anything bigger than pests with it. .223 falls below the minimum caliber requirements for deer in KS, so it's not even an issue though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Old Country. Old Blues. Old Rock. Old Metal. Gangsta Rap.

Last edited by VanTheKraut : 11-28-2014 at 06:09 PM.
VanTheKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #2663
Wisthekiller
UG's Nigel Tufnel

.223 isn't that bad of a round, I used to hate it, but now I'm okay with it. If it were something that were bigger than a pretty much suckling size hog, I'd step up to at least 7.62x39, but 30-30 is my preferred.

Upright fretted electric bass build!
Wisthekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: