Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #10121
jj1565
Officially Knighted

Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay
I'm going to add that you're going to want to switch one string at a time to reduce the chance of
Additional setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #10122
viennasunsetb

Wire cutters are useful on those sharp end bits...
viennasunsetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #10123
Matt Chavie
aspiring breakdancer...

So I should be setting my guitar up in what order? I'm thinking it's truss rod, action, then intonation?
Matt Chavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #10124
SanDune65

Question on a Ibanez GRX70, I just started playing so I might already be over my head here. I love everything about the guitar, but it seems the action is super duper high, you could get a stack of dimes in between the strings and the last few frets. I did some youtube on lowering the action, and then getting everything back in tune, strings nice a low, so much easier. But notice that the saddles are not all perfectly lined up after intonation, and I have created a buzz on the 12th fret, last string. Like I said I'm a rookie so bare with me, also the Ibanez did not come with a user manual so I'm also in the process of learning what certain parts are called. I also did an intro in the new member section. So I guess my question is, did I possibly set the strings too low, and I assume the saddles not being perfectly lined up with the next one is not a big deal.
SanDune65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: