User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 03:36 AM   #20781
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLP_Arclite
This week's Nightfall strike on Destiny is actually hard, even with Icebreaker.

Tried 3 times last night, took it real slow, ****ed up on the 3rd wave when the wizards showed up every damn time. Hive with Arc Burn is lethal

Absolutely rekt the lvl28 heroic version though, 9 Strange Coins what up. Now on 34 coins with days to go until Xur. Loaded.

**** that, soloing Phogoth is brutal with those wizards.... I pretty much just run laps around the arena taking potshots as I go

Watching: Trailer Park Boys
Listening: Primus - Pork Soda
Playing: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
metacarpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 AM   #20782
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
**** that, soloing Phogoth is brutal with those wizards.... I pretty much just run laps around the arena taking potshots as I go

You can just snipe him from the room just before the room with the door in, that part is faceroll with the Icebreaker. I just watched an episode of Futurama whilst hitting the fire button when doing it on Heroic.

Will be even quicker on the Nightfall since I can just regen special ammo with Icebreaker then switch to an Arc sniper for stupid damage, BUT I CAN'T EVEN GET THAT FAR

I can't even imagine not cheesing it, might be doable at >28 but I'm only 27. One shot from one of those Arc mortar things brings me down to 10% HP, Wizard's just mass splash damage me down to zero in like half a second, thralls with lightswitch AND arc burn would probably even 1-shot Atheon. Phogoth fight is just too hectic to not get hit by anything at all whilst actually fighting the boss.
GLP_Arclite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 AM   #20783
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Doesn't the Shrieker spawn there any more?

Quote:
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #20784
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Doesn't the Shrieker spawn there any more?

Shrieker only shows up if you stay in the room with the door in it for too long. If you're in the room before it you can snipe through a gap and hit Phogoth with only occasionally going out to shoot him a bit if he gets bored of being shot at and walks off. Though if you go back to the room before that he despawns and you fail the raid. Sometimes enemies will walk in and take a few shots at you but a quick nade and some headshots gets rid of them easy.

Took about 20 mins, and that was only because I tried to finish him off with my rocket launcher and blew myself up by accident, which meant a restart

The wave defense section really is the hard part.
Old Today, 04:18 AM   #20785
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Might have to give that a try for the hard weekly.

The wave defence bit I just hide in the corridor leading to the room. When the final load of Wizards spawn, head up the stair to where the Fallen and Hive we're battling - the wizards don't come that far out and it makes it easier picking them off

Quote:
Old Today, 04:20 AM   #20786
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Might have to give that a try for the hard weekly.

The wave defence bit I just hide in the corridor leading to the room. When the final load of Wizards spawn, head up the stair to where the Fallen and Hive we're battling - the wizards don't come that far out and it makes it easier picking them off

That's what I tried but I kept ****ing up. They kept not spawning since there was always some guys at the back of the room that I needed to take out first, but then they kept showing up out of nowhere and 1-shotting me. Just need to be more careful about drawing enemies out, I think.

Rate This Thread: