Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #61
Ninja#117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshootr55
I liked IV, but it just didn't feel as fun to me. The physics and look of the game were amazing, minus all the grey tones, but it lacked something that Vice City and San Andreas had.

I'm disappointed about the delay, but if V can bring back that element of fun VC and SA had, it'll be well worth the wait IMO. Judging by the screenshots and trailers it already looks that way to me.

Pretty much my sentiments.

Great physics and satisfying driving/shooting but no life in the story and the characthers you interacted were meh at best.

To me SA has easily the best characthers of the series. The only ones that come close in 4 is the oldest McCreary brother and Little Jacob. Only one thats better from Vice City is Donald Love. He is still my fav all time person.
Ninja#117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #62
Ninja Vampirate
up the hoods

Hopefully it comes out before I start the semester, I was planning to take about a week off when it was released
Ninja Vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #63
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned

wanna fly planes into shit
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #64
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Games take time
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #65
Shawn1379
Frequency 141.80

The thing I hated about IV was that you died too easily and cheats were sort of impractical.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the difficulty was good for the missions and whatnot, I just hated how hard it was to go on rampages throughout the city.

I could spend an hour or two cruising around and taking on the ****ing military in previous GTAs, but in IV it was like, "hell yeah, let's **** the town up!... oh, half a dozen cops just killed me. "

The game seemed more focused on the idea of running when being 'wanted', and didn't really seem to consider the idea of fighting those who wanted you, if you get what I mean. Maybe it's just me.

On a side-note, I'd love if the combat were like Max Payne 3. After beating MP3 and finding the storyline sort of empty, I actually assumed it was just a sneaky way of doing a combat-beta of sorts for future R* games.
Shawn1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #66
WCPhils
UG Addict

^ I also you died way to much in that game. It's was annoying, especially since the shooting mechanics were so bad
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #67
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

Really? I don't think you died too easily in IV. It felt normal to me. Maybe you all are just bad.

I also thought the shooting mechanics were fine. Nothing special, but a massive improvement over the horrible shooting in the PS2-era games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgarden1986
Is there really anyone that legitimately thought it was going to come out in Spring?

I think lots of people did. It seemed consistent with the release dates of all their major games the past 4 years or so, which has been mostly May. The delay genuinely caught me off guard.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #68
kaptink
whoa-oh-oh

I'm hoping they improve the shooting. RDR was pretty cool so I have hopes
kaptink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #69
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptink
I'm hoping they improve the shooting. RDR was pretty cool so I have hopes

Yeah, I'm sure they incorporate the best elements from GTA IV and RDR. But why do I have to be in school when the game comes out?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #70
Sir-Shredalot
Banned

I know a guy who works for rockstar in Leith st Edinburgh, and apparantly the whole due date thing (according to him) is just a marketing ploy.

They never had any intention for an early 2013 release.

Last edited by Sir-Shredalot : 02-01-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Sir-Shredalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #71
TEK34
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Shredalot
I know a guy who works for rockstar in Leith st Edinburgh, and apparantly the whole due date thing (according to him) is just a marketing ploy.

They never had any intention for an early 2013 release.

That sounds like R*.

I really can't wait for it. It's not having an entire engine built for it like IV, so that should mean more time to develop more frivolous, fun crap like was in SA.
ATL FALCONS
ATL HAWKS
TEK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #72
Shawn1379
Frequency 141.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalMan28
Really? I don't think you died too easily in IV. It felt normal to me. Maybe you all are just bad.

Perhaps...

However, I'd give awkward and reluctant oral sex to anyone who could survive more than 20 minutes with a 6-star wanted rating in IV without using incredibly cheap tactics and making it no fun whatsoever. Even with the lame/impractical cell-phone cheats, it was hard for me to do anything like that.

Meanwhile, in SA and VC, I was a walking natural disaster. Shit was more fun imo, yo.

Last edited by Shawn1379 : 02-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Shawn1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #73
soundgarden1986
wicked grosso

GTA IV was horse shit. I never want to play that game ever again.
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #74
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

^Whoa man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1379
Perhaps...

However, I'd give awkward and reluctant oral sex to anyone who could survive more than 20 minutes with a 6-star wanted rating in IV without using incredibly cheap tactics and making it no fun whatsoever. Even with the lame/impractical cell-phone cheats, it was hard for me to do anything like that.

Meanwhile, in SA and VC, I was a walking natural disaster. Shit was more fun imo, yo.

Yeah, one thing me and my friends like to do online is each get 5-6 stars, get into one car, and try to escape while being chased by an army of SWAT and overweight police officers. We usually die, but it leads to some fun times indeed.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #75
soundgarden1986
wicked grosso

It's true. The only good character was Niko, the driving sucked, the story was boring, Liberty City itself was boring, and almost all humor was gone from the game. The Ballad of Gay Tony was SO much better than GTA IV.
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #76
rpd

Never played IV but played ballad of Gay Tony. Boring game. GTA Vice City/Vice City Stories and San Andreas were hugely entertaining, even when not doing missions. Although when playing San Andreas I always feel a small sadness inside.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #77
WCPhils
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalMan28

I also thought the shooting mechanics were fine. Nothing special, but a massive improvement over the horrible shooting in the PS2-era games.

Maybe

I mean I guess it fit the feel of the game, but I never felt like an unstoppable badass like in San Andreas. I guess I just expected something different
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #78
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

Nah, that's cool. I realize that I'm in the minority that prefers IV over the other games. As such, I always get slightly annoyed and defensive when I see it get trashed, until I realize that it doesn't matter and get on with my day.

Last edited by HeavyMetalMan28 : 02-01-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #79
TEK34
UG Newbie

I always found it easier to survive on high stars on IV, and easier to escape. I think there were more things to do on it to buy time. SA was more fun to piss around on but I preferred the combat, driving and whatever on IV.
ATL FALCONS
ATL HAWKS
TEK34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: