Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #4061
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru

i dont think anything will beat the end to the 2011 season. that was so great to watch. especially the rays/yankees game
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #4062
TSmitty6
In the traphouse

Great season for the M's even though they missed the playoffs. Everyone was expecting .500 at best with a new coach and young unproven guys.

Positives: Pitching and defense- Holy shit I've never seen better relief pitching. There's not one guy on that staff who isn't solid. Iirc M's finished #1 or 2 there, and #4 in defense. And of course the starting rotation. Felix great, Paxton really good after his recovery, Young had some good stuff, a little dip for Iwakuma but sill good.
Kyle Seager- almost 100 Rbis, and great defense, money.
Cano- Obviously a great pick up.
Lloyd McLendon- Finally! A manager with some discipline and smarts about him. Great first year.
Young guys- Zunino, best defense I've seen in a long time from a catcher, his avg took a dip but he's young. Saunders- improvement, hope he stays healthy. Taylor and Jones- lots of speed and promise here. Austin Jackson too.
Old guys- Endy Chavez and Willy Bloomquist hitting upper .200s despite injuries.

Great year. One more clutch bat in the off-season, and retention of players, and this team will be built for a deep playoff run.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #4063
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgarden1986
i dont think anything will beat the end to the 2011 season. that was so great to watch. especially the rays/yankees game
I remember exactly where I was for that...in the lounge on my floor of the dorm I lived in studying I got a text from a friend explaining what happened and immediately realized I just missed what will probably be the most exciting day of baseball in my lifetime.
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: