Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

"Bright Light At The End Of The World" (C4C!)

I made another song!

http://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/bright-light

I'm really happy with this, and I think it's one of the best songs I've ever written. The solo was the first take I did, and I have no idea how I made that loud ass harmonic sound (It was just an accident lol)

But yeah, let me know what you think and don't forget to leave something for me to check out!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Guitar Covers - DaBigSmokeDawg
Recordings, demos and songs - www.soundcloud.com/bsmoked
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
EddieWan

Hey man I loooove this song, sounds really bright and sunny. Nice to hear real drums too! Tight playing and such. I knew it was going to be a fun song from the start of the opening riff.

I also enjoy your pause breaks and the harmonies of the panned guitars. A lot of vocal ideas came to mind for me on this one. Once I get over this cold, I would love to throw some vocals your way if you'd like.

Check out my song at http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1568124
EddieWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
The_Musician321

Going to take a listen to this when I get home from work. I'm a big fan of your playing and tone.
The_Musician321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
CarsickPhil

Dear Big Smoke Dawg

I really enjoyed that! The energy, tone, and shear technical talent all clicked together. It sounded both fresh and professional. My only thought I can offer is one I read yesterday somewhere that when the backing is hurtling along at a pace, then it is often a really slow burning melodic solo over the top of it all that can make the greatest impression. Your solo work is superb, but I had to listen twice and listen closely to really appreciate it.

Please comment on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1568198

All the best

Phil
CarsickPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

EddieWan - Thanks dude! Yeah, feel free to give the vocals a try, that'd be awesome! At the moment I'm trying to work out vocals with a couple of people, but I will get back to you if needs be. Thanks for the offer though, it's nice to hear you have such an interest in my work!

Also the drums are EZDrummer with the Vintage Rock kit haha

The_Musician321 - Awesome dude, let me know what you think when you hear it! Again, thank you so much for the kind words!

CarsickPhil - Wow, thank you! Yeah, I was originally going to have some melody kick in around the second verse, but it was difficult for me to mix it, or come up with something good at all... I agree though, it'd be great if it did have one Also thanks about the solo, I recorded that at 2am last night so I pretty much just gave it all I could. Paid off!

Thanks so much to all of you! Comments like that are seriously what keep me going. At first I was a little afraid that I'd have screwed something up, or made a bad riff or something, but it seems quite the opposite! I've left comments on the links you left also!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Guitar Covers - DaBigSmokeDawg
Recordings, demos and songs - www.soundcloud.com/bsmoked
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: