Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Gear Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

UK UK Big clear out - Gibson Les Paul, Blackstar, various pedals and other bits & bobs.

Hey all,

After a couple of house moves in the past year and the realisation that my rock and roll dream is more or less over, I'm having somewhat of a clear out. A lot of these bits and bobs came from the forums at MR so some things you may recognise if you were a regular over there...

Pics of everything can be found here : http://s404.photobucket.com/user/se...uction/library/

Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition.
So this started its life (in May 2003) as a garish, limited edition, all-silver 'platinum' LP. They retailed at around a grand new, I believe. Anyway, this particular model, thankfully, had the paint stripped back to the wood and then gently oiled to give it a lovely, smooth finish with the grain showing through. It looks really cool alongside the ebony fretboard too, I think. It's previous owner also gave it a Tone Stop aluminium tail piece and a set of Planet Waves auto trim locking tuners (which are a great invention!). Since she's been in my possession, I've added a pair of Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's, replaced one of the tone pots with a kill switch and added a DiMarzio clip-lock strap set up.

It plays beautifully; smooth, solid neck (never been too sure on profiles, but it feels great to me!), the ebony board is like butter and it has a great weight & balance. The pickups completely roar and can cover most bases with ease, although I guess they're obviously leaning towards the hard rock side of things. Comes with a great Attitude soft/hard case too. In great condition too, only noticeable damage is on the back bottom edge (pictured) where it rubbed on a dodgy stand I think. Other than that, she could probably do with a set up having not been used for a good 6 months or so, but that's it. 450

Blackstar HT40 combo
Just far too big and loud for anything I'm going to be doing for the foreseeable future. Great amp though. 2 footswitchable channels, each with 2 modes, gives it great versatility from sparkly clean right up to metal madness. Switchable reverb too which can also be varied from 'bright' to 'dark'. Also has their 'ISF' dial which effectively takes you from a British to American voicing - cool feature. 12 inch celestion in there, I believe. Closed back cab. Effects loop and emulated line out too for recording.

Catch here is that before it went into storage, it was having an issue where after being on for a minute or so and sounding fine, the volume would fade away to next-to-nothing. I'm guessing it's a valve issue but I never got chance to have it looked at before I had to pack it away. I can't get it looked at for another couple of weeks either until I get paid but thought I would see if there was any interest in it as is first. Great cosmetic condition otherwise. 300

Pre amp valves
Whether these would sort out the Blackstar, I have no idea but I've just found them in a box. Think I got them chucked in when I bought a Mesa a couple of years ago. They're in a Watford Valves box and are marked as a Nomad matched set, standard gain. I literally have no idea what condition they're in or if they work at all. 'Harma BCC 83-STR Cryo' stamped on them all. 10

Boss GE-7 Equaliser
Great pedal that should really be sat in everyone's effects loop. This is a Japanese model although the sticker on the bottom came off an incident involving some heavy duty board tape... Fully working condition and in great condition. No box, though, I'm afraid. 45

Vox V847
Great, classic wah tone. Great condition, comes with the box and the (completely useless IMO) pouch/bag/case/thing. 45

Custom Chorus pedal
Made for me by a chap from the MR boards. I can't believe how rude this is, but it's been so long I've forgotten his name! He was popular on there though and always had a queue of people waiting for his pedals. It's a brilliant bit of kit, made from top components etc. Usual rate and depth controls on top, a couple of toggles on the side which change various factors of the tone too - pretty much the best and most versatile chorus pedal I've ever had/needed. Also finished in a very cool looking blue & white swirl with a (very) bright blue LED. 50

Stagg pedal board case
Cheap and cheerful but does its job very well. Dimensions: 688 x 296 x 83mm. Picture there with my pedals in it for a sense of scale, I'd comfortably have room for a couple more along side my 2 way adaptor and power brick. Couple of scratches here and there and I took the felt out with the intention of screwing the pedals to the board itself, never got round to it though. Could easily be relined or have pedals attached by some other method. 20

M-Audio Fast Track
USB powered audio interface. Wonderfully simple to use but has all the features you need to get some professional sounding home recordings. Line and XLR in, headphone monitoring, phantom power, input gain and monitor volume dials & stereo outputs too for monitor speakers if you have them. Comes with the usb cable, Might have the box and disc around somewhere but the drivers etc are available via the M-Audio website anyway. 40

All prices are inclusive of delivery but you are of course welcome to collect if local and we'll haggle price. The amp will be collection only, however and the Gibson is collection preferred. I will post it if you really want me to but I don't have a box. I'll package it well inside the case and then wrap that too; best I can do, I'm afraid. I live in Stockport, not far south of Manchester for anyone who wants to pickup. I'm also willing to meet up/deliver to a reasonable distance and with some money chipped in for petrol - give me yell to discuss anything like that.

Trades wise, the only things I'm after are an electro acoustic and some kind of little practice amp for at home so I can keep the dream alive in my head. Give us a yell if you have any offers in that department and want to try and work out some kind of deal.

Thanks!

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40
jake_the_pake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
badgerific

I built that chorus for you Just like to say that Jake was a great guy to deal with. If someone buys the chorus and has any problems with it I will fix it at cost price of the parts. Good luck with the sale Jake!
badgerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

Thanks a lot, mate! A beauty it is too

Pedalboard and valves now sold.

Blackstar HT40
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
slayer_rule_\m/
Nothing is good.

Maybe interested in the chorus and the fast track...however I'm going to have to wait for my student loan to come through, so that could be another month before I'm ready to buy.
slayer_rule_\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
avenge the rage

I might be interested in both chorus and eq pedal, but will need to wait till 22nd as its pay day

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
avenge the rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

Just give me a yell come pay day then

Blackstar HT40
Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

Bump!

Blackstar HT40
Old 09-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

bump for those crazy kids with student loans burning holes in their skinny jeans.

Blackstar HT40
Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

Bumpety

Blackstar HT40
Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
hairball

Hi, is the LP still for sale? If so, could you send me some photos? Either pm or email to stefan AT sea-audio.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

--->My Band<---
hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #11
jake_the_pake
Just Say No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairball
Hi, is the LP still for sale? If so, could you send me some photos? Either pm or email to stefan AT sea-audio.co.uk

Sorry mate it's just sold on eBay.
Everything else still available.

Blackstar HT40

Rate This Thread: