Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
NickG123098

Song to Preform at Coffee House

So at my middle school we have a musical gig every season where musicals acts are preformed. Last year was the first one in winter and when I heard about it I grabbed my electric and did an audition. I got in and when I preformed I did Muzzle by the Smashing Pumpkins. But all these talented eight graders took the show and did a well done job. ( I was in seventh grade). Now as an eight grader they have another show this fall but with all the great eight graders gone, it's not going any fun and a bunch of untalented sixth and seventh graders are going try out and it's just no fun anymore. Worst of all I can't think of a song to preform. In the spring season last year I did "Right before my eyes" acoustic by Cage the elephant. Now I can't think of a good song to do. I can think of plenty of songs of an acoustic guitar but I don't have one and rather not borrow one. So I have to do it on an electric guitar. Can someone recommend me a easy song that is do-able by my self without background music. I want something along the lines of "Right Before My Eyes" by Cage the Elephant and "Last Kiss" by pearl jam. Nothing with distortion and solos. Please help.
NickG123098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Last Kiss is a good one. I'd also suggest:

Better Man (pearl jam)
Maggie (by Colin Hay - amazing song. it would sound awesome on electric)
Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton - this might be okay on electric)
Yellow Ledbetter (pearl jam again. this is another maybe. you'd have to be creative to make it interesting)
Nothingman (ha - Pearl Jam! this would be a safe bet)
Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Leadbelly, but use the Nirvana cover as a basis)

welcome to UG as well.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
NickG123098

Wow this way really helpful. I might do Better Man or Nothing Man by pearl Jam. Thank you.
NickG123098 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: