Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #7741
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

If you believe in a just, benevolent god I want you to come to my house right now and explain. I want you to look in my mother's teary eyes and tell me everything happens for a reason. I want you to tell us "God loves us" while my mother has a panic attack because someone just told her she has (at best) stage III breast cancer. A woman who's dedicated her life to helping both downtrodden people and abused, neglected animals. One of the most beautiful people on this planet.

Fuck your god. The god my mom and family prayed to. The god I don't even believe in but just days ago begged him to take me instead. Fuck him.

Last edited by primusfan : 09-04-2014 at 11:16 AM.
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #7742
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
If you believe in a just, benevolent god I want you to come to my house right now and explain. I want you to look in my mother's teary eyes and tell me everything happens for a reason. I want you to tell us "God loves us" while my mother has a panic attack because someone just told her she has (at best) stage III breast cancer. A woman who's dedicated her life to helping both downtrodden people and abused, neglected animals. One of the most beautiful people on this planet.

Fuck your god. The god my mom and family prayed to. The god I don't even believe in but just days ago begged him to take me instead. Fuck him.

That's rough man, I'm so sorry

JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #7743
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat

Quote:

Dude... I'm so sorry. My mom died from it, so I can see where you come from. I have had the same thoughts.
If you ever need someone to banter to. PM me, call me names, whatever it will take to clear your head a bit.
I wish you and your family all the strength in the world.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #7744
Baby Joel
silently leaving the room

Quote:

mate I'm so sorry Although it seems like empty words, I really do wish all the best for your family. If you ever need to talk to anyone or just vent or whatever, feel free to PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #7745
Baby Joel

Step 1: Drop out of school
Step 2: Quit job (or get fired, whichever comes first)
Step 3: Find some remote hole and die in it.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #7746
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:

this is one of my greatest fears, especially when I'm so far away from her. my mom beat her breast cancer a few years but she was pretty young when she got it so there's always a possibility it comes back, and not exactly a minute one.

I was gonna post something but there really doesn't seem to be a point now.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #7747
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

My mum died last night. She'd spent almost 14 weeks in hospital, following a reaction to her medication that caused significant swelling in here brain, which left her blind. She's had a rough few years - having been on dialysis for almost 4 years, having numerous problems with venous access(her av fistulas regularly clotted, ruptured or otherwise failed; last autumn she had a piece of kevlar grafted between an artery and vein in her leg for access. She was on the list for an 'extended criteria' organ, because even a shite new kidney is better than nothing); a fall in the house in which she broke her leg, requiring the bone to be pinned; hypoparathyroidism; and cataracts.

Not long after her first cataract surgery in March this year, mum's graft clotted. This caused more than a little panic, as surgeons had been unable to identify another site suitable to use, and her record with using lines for dialysis was not good. After 3 attempts in theatre, the clot was removed, and we got her home a few days later.

The second week in April, mum got a transplant. While neither the match nor the condition of the kidney were ideal, the operation went ahead. After a few days, the kidney 'woke up', and her general condition began to improve. By the start of May, she had recovered to the extent that she could get out of her chair and halfway to the ******* in the time it used to take her to stand up out of the chair and steady herself.

Then, in June, she suffered a reaction to one of the anti-rejection medicines, suffered a seizure, and collapsed in the bathroom, while both me and my dad were out. He got home first, and was unable to wake her. She was taken to hospital, ad spent 4 days in ITU(2 of them on a ventilator), before they turfed her to the hospital where she'd had her transplant. She appeared to be getting better, until around the middle of the month, when she suffered a relapse, after which she was transferred to a 3rd hospital, where she finally received a diagnosis, and a treatment plan was put in place, involving a substitute for the drug which caused it.

Hospital #3 soon turfed her back to hospital #2, reasoning that with the diagnosis made, mum would be best treated in a renal unit. Over the next 2 months, she would improve a bit, and regress a bit by turns. She became depressed, and about 2 weeks ago, developed pneumonia, and was not expected to survive the weekend. She did pull through that episode, but the outlook was still bleak. The transplanted kidney was failing, and the interventional radiology department felt that while they could place a CVC, it would likely be the last one.

That line failed on Friday. While doctors felt there would be some chance of success with other methods, mum had had enough. Even taking blood samples had become a drawn out, painful process, and mum had finally run out of optimism.

Around lunchtime yesterday, she and my dad requested that all treatment, other than immediate symptomatic relief be stopped. She passed away around 11pm last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:06 AM   #7748
Baby Joel

mate

hope you and your father are doing ok

Rate This Thread: