Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #5281
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

I love her in the Library episodes, but she just got more and more irritating as the seasons went on, and her story became less and less about an actual character arc, but basically just "whatever stupid twist Moffat felt like this week". She's not a character, she's a collection of Mary Sue-worthy tropes masquerading as empowerment, and she's one of Moffat's greatest delusions. It's not that she's bad, per se, it's that she represents a lot of really fucked up elements in the show at the moment.

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #5282
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz

River was ite and then the more we got to know about her the more she wasn't a character and just a collection of one liners and plot conviniences. I liked her as a Captain Jack esque figure but when it turned out she was created and trained solely to kill the Doctor it became really annoying.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #5283
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
I love her in the Library episodes, but she just got more and more irritating as the seasons went on, and her story became less and less about an actual character arc, but basically just "whatever stupid twist Moffat felt like this week". She's not a character, she's a collection of Mary Sue-worthy tropes masquerading as empowerment, and she's one of Moffat's greatest delusions. It's not that she's bad, per se, it's that she represents a lot of really fucked up elements in the show at the moment.

This. I loved River. I loved the thing with her and the Doctor, and even some of the later stuff. Her being part time lord and stuff like that. The rest was shit. Her last episode was total shit. She got more and more annoying as time went on and there are still giant plot holes.

But River said she has seen all of the Doctor's faces.

The thing with Moffat is that he takes a female "character" and makes EVERYTHING revolve around her while giving her no character. If Moffat leaves and Capaldi stays, Who could have some really great stuff done. Maybe he can leave before he ****s up the Time Lords too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #5284
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

It's a sad endictment on Moffat's writing that his attempts to "flesh out" a character come across as more backwards and sexist than the classic series that literally couldn't give a shit if you saw the companion as an actual human being or not.

Honestly, I just don't understand how he was writing the latest episode, and thought "Yep, no worries, just shove Clara into the Doctor's childhood" after not only throwing her into his timeline (which seems to have had NO lasting effect whatsoever...) but allowing her to be on Gallifrey at the end of the Time War. I get it, Moffat, you want me to think that Clara is an important person in the Doctor's life, but you can't keep doing it by just going "Oh and it was actually Clara who gave him his first pair of shoes and that's why he runs so much" or something every 2 episodes.

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: