User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #41
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_W
What year is yours? I want to replace the pickups but want to make sure they are going to fit, I keep hearing about the shallow pickup routes on the 1570's.

Looking at the serial number, mine is an '08. Not sure if they had to modify the depth to put them, the guy who sold it to me never mentioned it. They have plenty of space though, can adjust them really far from the strings if I had to.
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
J_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
I think it's really much less risky a procedure than people might think. I'd say there is less risk involved with that than there is with drilling an extra hole for a switch(for example), and it's undetectable. I'd hate to see somewhere stick with the Ibanez stock pickups because they are reluctant to do that.

Oh I'm changing them, don't you worry about that This guitar is too awesome to leave these crappy pickups in it.

Why doesn't Ibanez put decent pickups in their high end guitars though? It's crazy.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #43
J_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempoe
Looking at the serial number, mine is an '08. Not sure if they had to modify the depth to put them, the guy who sold it to me never mentioned it. They have plenty of space though, can adjust them really far from the strings if I had to.

Thanks!
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #44
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

They expect the buyers to replace them, most are looking for a certain sound. This way you can put whatever you like and you don't pay that much extra for pups you don't want anyways. Rather than paying a lot for signature guitars with the pups already, its the best solution really...or they could sell them empty, that would work for me.
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #45
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempoe
They expect the buyers to replace them, most are looking for a certain sound. This way you can put whatever you like and you don't pay that much extra for pups you don't want anyways. Rather than paying a lot for signature guitars with the pups already, its the best solution really...or they could sell them empty, that would work for me.

Doesn't really apply to me since I usually don't buy new, but it would be cool if everyone sold a version of the guitar with no pickups for $100 less or something. I don't see that ever happening though.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #46
samuraigoomba

Hey guys, on the original topic, I decided to get that Heartfield Talon 1. It had all the features I wanted. So it came today, and I was trying it out. First off, the pickups seemed kind of noisy. That may be just having a single coil in there, though. I'm used to humbuckers now. The tone is quite nice, very strong and bright.

My biggest trouble now is the action and the bridge. I'm not experienced with the Kahler system it comes with (or any floating trem), and for the longest time I was having trouble with tuning it and having it immediately come out of tune. The strings also look bad, maybe even damaged (some looked about ready to snap), so those need to be replaced right away. No problem there, but the action is ridiculously high. How do I adjust that?

Basically, I'm satisfied with my purchase but it has a few annoying issues and I'm a dummy when it comes to floating trems. I was thinking of taking it in for a tech to look at, just to make sure there are no big issues with the guitar. Of course, when I do that I could have him adjust everything, but it would be nice to know my way around the Kahler trem and have some idea how to do these things myself. >_>

The blue is much cooler in person.

Has the AANJ I desperately wanted, and came with Dimarzios.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #47
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

That's pretty cool looking. The trem is just a Khaler-made LFR, so you should be able to get an answer in the Floyd Setup Thread. You should ask any question you have there, after you've read through the first page or so.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: