Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #101
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: at home
When you're out with friends and they all have their phones out. That's the shit I don't like.

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm more interesting than THE ENTIRE INTERNET, I just feel left out because I don't have a smartphone.
__________________
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #102
GoodCharloteSux
Registered User
 
GoodCharloteSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA
I don't appreciate:

Vulgarities; especially when used to supplement a sentence purely as exclamation. e.g That's the _____ best. It proves to me that either A) Your vocabulary is lacking B) You don't conduct yourself with class or dignity C) You have some growing up to do

Over political correctness

The over fascination with celebrity and athletes lives; It's none of my business on what goes on in Manti Te'o's, Kobe Bryant's, Dan Marino, or anyone elses lives unless they publicize that information freely. And even then it should not dominate ESPN and every single news outlet in the world.

The rationalization that drugs, over indulging in alcohol and using people like sexual objects are harmless and somehow part of the "maturation" process. I'm strong believer that age is not an excuse to act like garbage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #103
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCharloteSux
I don't appreciate:

Vulgarities; especially when used to supplement a sentence purely as exclamation. e.g That's the _____ best. It proves to me that either A) Your vocabulary is lacking B) You don't conduct yourself with class or dignity C) You have some growing up to do

I don't appreciate people who think that because you use vulgarities, you A) have bad vocabulary, B) don't conduct yourself with class or dignity, or C) have growing up to do. All of those judgments are very shallow.

That's shit I don't like.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #104
GoodCharloteSux
Registered User
 
GoodCharloteSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I don't appreciate people who think that because you use vulgarities, you A) have bad vocabulary, B) don't conduct yourself with class or dignity, or C) have growing up to do. All of those judgments are very shallow.

That's shit I don't like.


Really, let me ask you a question.

Is cursing dignified?
Is it classy?

Would you walk into a nice restaurant and say to the server. What the f*ck is up? I'd like chilean sea bass.

If you say you would then that speaks to your character. I don't feel that's a reach to assume

Does cursing make you sound smart or dumb? If you HAD to pick one?

I'm sure this will lead to you not genuinely answering any of the questions and you stating the obvious of my generations failed 21st century shallow philosophy.

But hey, that's something that bothers me. And I respect your freeness to be able to use whatever language you please. However no one should try to justify it. It's nothing but a dirty habit or a crutch.

PS: Regardless, I'm sure I'm coming off with a stench arrogance, however I genuinely dislike cursing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #105
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: at home
Cursing is inappropriate in many scenarios, but to say that it's a sign of poor vocabulary or low intelligence is a bit of a stretch.
__________________
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #106
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCharloteSux
Is cursing dignified?

No.
Quote:
Is it classy?

No.

However, someone can be classy or dignified in most situations and still curse in a few select situations, where it is appropriate and being classy and/or dignified is not necessary. Sometimes, people just let loose with their buddies and curse a bit. That doesn't make them unclassy or undignified.

Quote:
Does cursing make you sound smart or dumb? If you HAD to pick one?

Neither. If you curse in inappropriate situations, it makes you sound dumb. If you curse in appropriate situations, it's a neutral thing.

Quote:
PS: Regardless, I'm sure I'm coming off with a stench arrogance, however I genuinely dislike cursing.
Fine, but judging people like that is just ungracious.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #107
theogonia777
Professional Musician
 
theogonia777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Backwoods
When people take a responsibility, and then they can't do it. But rather than admitting that they can't do it and passing it on to somebody else that can, they just continue to not fulfill their responsibilities.
__________________
To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.


Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Riffs
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #108
GoodCharloteSux
Registered User
 
GoodCharloteSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
No.

No.

However, someone can be classy or dignified in most situations and still curse in a few select situations, where it is appropriate and being classy and/or dignified is not necessary. Sometimes, people just let loose with their buddies and curse a bit. That doesn't make them unclassy or undignified.


Neither. If you curse in inappropriate situations, it makes you sound dumb. If you curse in appropriate situations, it's a neutral thing.


I guess maybe I didn't explain the full spectrum of what I meant by what I said. For instance: I mean if a dude cuts off his arm in a chainsaw accident, I'm not going to focus the words he said right afterwards lol The dude just cut his arm off. My issue is using it as some sort of statement enhancer. "I'm so f'n bored" "This house smells like f*ckin sh*t"

Like I don't get that--why? you know...People have the right to use whatever language they please but don't expect me to be on board and joining in is one part of what I'm saying. I'm against cursing but I understand that it happens. But I don;t feel like it should be encourage...again my opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #109
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I don't like expensive gas. Or bitching women.


I also hate slow leaks in tires.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #110
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCharloteSux
My issue is using it as some sort of statement enhancer. "I'm so f'n bored" "This house smells like f*ckin sh*t"

And I'm saying that, using it as a statment enhancer in the right situation, is not an issue. It doesn't make one less classy or less dignified overall; it doesn't make one dumb; and it doesn't mean one has maturity issues.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #111
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus
 
MrDo0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
When you have trouble breathing and end up yawning constantly trying to get a breath in, but you're forced to talk to a client over the phone who expects you to constantly be talking, and gets upset when you try to breathe. That's the shit I don't like.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #112
Weaponized
UG Member
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
In what instance would this argument be used?
What Sam said + "I eat meat cause it's natural > : )"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?


last.fm
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #113
Johnny_Ibanez
ʎuuɥoſ
 
Johnny_Ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester
The shit I don't like is when you're not quite fast enough editing your post so you get the annoying "Last edited by..." at the bottom of your post.

Last edited by Johnny_Ibanez : 02-08-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Johnny_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #114
sloppyjoe24
CHOO CHOO!
 
sloppyjoe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: U.S.
Turning left
__________________

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|


Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.


-Sloppyjoe24
sloppyjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.