Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Zaqq

First metal song [GP6 only] C4C

So I actually wrote a metal song, even with some complexity. To tell the truth, I'm a bassist, and most of the stuff was written on a bass and an acoustic, so the solos are not really good I have only the GP6 version, I even tried converting it to gp5, but it totally messed up the tab...
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Zaqq - Trails of the Divine.gpx (114.8 KB, 83 views)
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Xtinct Dark

You want the truth?

Not bad. Not bad at all. Hell, I like it. I am more into those slower solos like yours instead of those sixteenth notes 160bpm, although that's probably just an excuse for my slow and sloppy playing.
Xtinct Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
mark.bark
Laugh often and sleep in

If that was a real song, and it came on the radio, i would not switch it over, then proceed to look you up on youtube.

Very powerful and well structured! Metallica-esque vibe? Not that thats a bad thing! keep er lit
mark.bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
JB95
I like taco

Pleasantly suprised!
Solid riffs and well put together, but not a big fan of the solos though. Like Xtinct, I'm a fan of slower solos where each note is chosen wisely to fit the song, but still your attempt is not bad at all for a bassist.
You pedal alot on the low E string which can make the song slightly monotonous, but I still enjoyed it and would love to hear the song if it gets released.
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Zaqq

Thank you very much, guys! Maybe I'll buy an electric guitar somewhere in future to work on my soling, because my Yamaha acoustic is painfully uncomfortable for any solos And yes, I drew inspiration from Metallica, that's one of the reasons it's all centered about low open E
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
MobiuZ

man for a first song this is some really solid stuff , it seems u know your theory quite well

the sound is okish imo the drums could use some more deep bass sound imo , the guitars are pretty good though , try to use some plectrum up and downs in there that gives the guitars a bit more of a dynamic sound

really love how you made your interlude sound btw

other than that i think with vocals and a real recording this would kick some serious ass

can you crit In Flanders Fields for me ? its in my sig
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Zaqq

Quote:
man for a first song this is some really solid stuff , it seems u know your theory quite well

I'm completely self taught, but I do like reading some keys, intervals, etc

Quote:
the sound is okish imo the drums could use some more deep bass sound imo

It sounded OK, so I just left it as it is But yeah, I spent some time getting a decent RSE sound for guitar and bass, not really for drums.
I just need to actually write some lyrics now, and maybe I could play it with my band some day
I'm on my way to critique your stuff too!

Rate This Thread: