Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recording
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #1081
yoman297
how quik do i get ban

http://shanearsenault.bandcamp.com/...piral-static-ep

I might as well drop this here, seeing as a solid crit would be really cool for my first serious project. It's a shame that EZ Drummer lurks in these songs.
and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:21 AM   #1082
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzamija
Well, I started doing this mix today to test out Guitar Rig (just got it), was going for that big stoner/sludge sound with heavy distorted bass but wanted to make it punchy as well. Actually to be honest I heard Muse's song "Psycho", really liked how the mix was done so I was sort of going for that kind of sound as well. Anyway, I like how it turned out, not perfect but pretty good, here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/dzamija/sludge-mix

All crits are welcome, and C4C as always.

P.S. I don't have monitors, I mix on ordinary PC speakers, so keep that in mind, I guess. xD

A little fizzy on the top end but otherwise not terrible for the guitars. Snare doesn't punch hard enough for my tastes. I actually really like the bass tone.
Charvel San Dimas Style 1 (MIJ) (JB/59)
Peavey 5150 II head (JJ tubes)
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #1083
--{matt}--

Hey guys, first time posting a mix in here. My friend and I are trying to start a post hardcore project and we just finished tracking the instruments for our first song. The guitars were tracked with a Schecter C-1 Custom running through a Pod HD500X into a Focusrite Scarlett and finally into Reaper. For drums, I used EZdrummer. I also used my guitar for the bass and just pitch shifted it down with a Morpheus Droptune. I opted to just use two tracks, one panned left and one panned right for simplicity and a more "raw" mix versus having double tracked rhythms and the lead in the center, but if you think it would sound better with double tracked rhythms let me know. This is my first serious attempt at mixing so don't go too hard on me And of course, C4C

https://soundcloud.com/insertcoolba...here/first-song
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud

Last edited by --{matt}-- : 04-12-2015 at 06:16 PM.
--{matt}-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:37 AM   #1084
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by --{matt}--
Hey guys, first time posting a mix in here. My friend and I are trying to start a post hardcore project and we just finished tracking the instruments for our first song. The guitars were tracked with a Schecter C-1 Custom running through a Pod HD500X into a Focusrite Scarlett and finally into Reaper. For drums, I used EZdrummer. I also used my guitar for the bass and just pitch shifted it down with a Morpheus Droptune. I opted to just use two tracks, one panned left and one panned right for simplicity and a more "raw" mix versus having double tracked rhythms and the lead in the center, but if you think it would sound better with double tracked rhythms let me know. This is my first serious attempt at mixing so don't go too hard on me And of course, C4C

https://soundcloud.com/mbise1993/pod-hd500x-drop-c

Pointing out something - soundcloud REALLY ****s with your high end. Don't use it for mix crits.

A real bass would help your sound a lot.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #1085
--{matt}--

@oneblackened Thanks for the tips, I might go with dropbox instead next time then. As for the bass, I've considered getting one, but I've been holding out in hopes that we can actually find a bassist instead. I saw a video posted on the first couple pages of this thread about using ReaPitch and bass amp sims to get a decent bass tone from a guitar, so I may try that instead next time. But aside from that, do you have any advice on the mix? I'd like to tighten the guitar tone up a little since it's almost too loose for my tastes, but I'm not sure what exactly it needs. Any advice in that area would be much appreciated
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
--{matt}-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #1086
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by --{matt}--
@oneblackened Thanks for the tips, I might go with dropbox instead next time then. As for the bass, I've considered getting one, but I've been holding out in hopes that we can actually find a bassist instead. I saw a video posted on the first couple pages of this thread about using ReaPitch and bass amp sims to get a decent bass tone from a guitar, so I may try that instead next time. But aside from that, do you have any advice on the mix? I'd like to tighten the guitar tone up a little since it's almost too loose for my tastes, but I'm not sure what exactly it needs. Any advice in that area would be much appreciated

Use less gain to tighten it up.
And for god's sake cut some of the mids.

Basses have a very different timbre than downtuned guitars do - that's why you use a real one and not just a guitar pitch shifted down.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #1087
Bostonrocks
UG God

https://db.tt/pJGMhskM Cover of Mayday Parade's "When You See My Friends"

SSD4 for drums, PODFARM bass and LePou plugins for guitars.

General thoughts on the mix please!
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #1088
Bostonrocks
UG God

countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #1089
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks

Really dig this mix overall, I would carve a bit of the low mids out of the bass tone though, it's a bit boomy to me. Personally I feel like the drums need to come up a touch too but great job I swear by LePou plugins

Here's one I wrote this afternoon haha
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5l0c2u7v...facts3.mp3?dl=0

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris

Last edited by AxSilentxLine : 04-18-2015 at 09:25 PM.
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM   #1090
BlackFalcon17

Here's a song that I finished working on a few days ago. https://soundcloud.com/chukwu-uduka/rebirth SoundCloud seems to have done some weird stuff in the higher freq, which I am already aware of. Also, any advice on shaping the bass guitar would be really helpful since I just started playing and I'm still working on a tone. C4C!
BlackFalcon17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: