User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #22861
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
The car is gorgeous overall! Proportions look so good, and love the tail end. I don't think it's even that derivative considering the execution where most others fail. I really don't like the grill though. They should have left the central triangle where it is and then minimized the side vents.

Quadrifoglio is getting 500+ (w?)hp and manual. I think it's RWD too. That ticks all the right boxes on paper. Let's see how it handles in practice.

I think its absolutely STUNNING, far better looking than the Ghibli which it (more than likely) got its engine design from. unfortunately though, I work with a guy who's dad works at Ferrari of Toronto, and apparently they have some doubts about whether or not the manual will be coming to north america. That would be absolutely tragic if it only came with the manual. we're looking at possibly the coolest enthusiast sedan on the road, up there with the CTS-V and M3, so to not offer it with a manual would be a real shame.

I really like how Alfa's trying to change up their image a little bit, while simultaneously staying exactly the same lol. there's nothing more horsepower, fancy styling, and questionable italian reliability can't solve

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides : 06-28-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #22862
Blayney
est'd 1989

Mate picked up a 350z yesterday. Chucked me the keys at lunch today.

Lovely car from a quick blast. Sound was stunning decent steering feel and nicely weighted. Stubby little change needs getting used to. Deceptively fast I would say but I only pinned it in 3rd really.

I want some 6 cyl action now.

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String, Lâg Tramontane T66ACE
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #22863
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

I love the 350 and 370. my only gripe is it feels like you're driving a bathtub, the side sills are too high and visibility is shit. I could live with it but only if it wasn't my main car
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #22864
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

I've always liked the look of the 350 and 370, and the Z series in general. I've never had the chance to drive one though.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #22865
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Saw this at work this morning.

Large image:

show

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #22866
Deadlock Riff
UG's Dark Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
I love the 350 and 370. my only gripe is it feels like you're driving a bathtub, the side sills are too high and visibility is shit. I could live with it but only if it wasn't my main car

Reminds me when me and my boss were driving back cars we had gotten and I was in the Z31 300zx. When we got back, he told me "Stop punishing our new products, and don't tell you frickin' didn't cause I saw the nose of that thing try and touch the goddamn clouds."

Good cars

>.>

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Deadlock Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:19 AM   #22867
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Bought a new car. Ended up going with the Fiesta Sport with the ecoboost. 2014 model, 2000kms on the clock, got it for $10k plus my Impreza. Can't wait to take it on some windy roads to see what it can really do but for sitting in traffic it's so much better.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #22868
Blayney
est'd 1989

Forgot to mention that on the 24th of June this happened.

photo won't work here.

I passed 100k miles in the Twingo

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #22869
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Fiesta's a good choice. You'll have fun in it

lol blayney on the 24th of june i passed 25 years in life, your twingo is my spirit machine
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #22870
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Bought a new car. Ended up going with the Fiesta Sport with the ecoboost. 2014 model, 2000kms on the clock, got it for $10k plus my Impreza. Can't wait to take it on some windy roads to see what it can really do but for sitting in traffic it's so much better.

Congrats!

My friend may be getting the Fiesta ST or Focus RS when it comes out. Hope you'll write about your first impressions.

https://www.facebook.com/DriveTV/ph...?type=1&theater

I hate Chris Harris so much
I want to recognise your beauty's not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #22871
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
( Slow and broken BRZ, Genesis and stuff. I shortened it on purpose.

Friend of mine used to own a Genesis Coupe, 2010 pre-facelift 2.0T engine. That thing was great in the snow. The Gen is a very balanced car, just like the BRZ. It feels heavier, but it feels right. V6 isn't much heavier and doesn't ruin the car's dynamics, it only makes it potent. And it sounds gorgeous with a catback !

Just put some decent snow tires and better transmission fluid in it and you should be set.

As for my new car Xiao, I didn't have time to take any pictures yet. I've been moving to a new apartment, with a garage and sweet ass backroads to get to work, plus I got a new job that pays much more than the previous one !

Spoiler: It's a 2006 WRX wagon. Dark grey metallic. It has a bellmouth catless downpipe on a stock STI catback on it. Lachute Performance Tune ( Best Subaru Performance shop in the entire country...). Pulls way more than newer WRX's and it runs like a friggin champ. Body is perfect, except for a few rock chips on the bumper. New Stoptech brakes and Exedy stage 1 clutch.

I'm not especially stoked, maybe because I'm too busy to actually enjoy it these days, or maybe because it lacks any drama, or scare factor. I'd like some more oversteer with my boost threshold please.

I'm probably going to trade it for a mint SW20 Mr2 turbo or fully restored 280z... I'll give myself a few weeks and see if I want to keep it.
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #22872
Blayney
est'd 1989

Early morning wake-up by blayney1989, on Flickr

Early morning wake up by blayney1989, on Flickr

Out with the zed by blayney1989, on Flickr

Not photo'd is my mates 205GTi that's relatively rally prep'd (caged, bucket seats, harnesses, rally spec bilsteins)

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #22873
Cajundaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Head
hey everyone. I'm looking to improve my car audio. I'm looking to upgrade to component speakers, but I had a question I wanted to ask you all.

I've heard the 6.5" components will obviously give you much better mid bass response over a 5.25" component set. But my question is will the difference in mid bass response really be noticeable if you're going to be using a subwoofer in your car?

Depends on the system and your goals. I prefer a reference monitor style rather than boom and sizzle so a matched component speaker system with sub, mid, and high components are all engineered to work together rather than mix & match willy nilly.

Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_i=B00FA9BZLE

Choosing something that actually fits your car is pretty important as well so it looks factory and not bodged-in. Crutchfield is a pretty good source for this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2EdgqG7V4mI/

Last edited by Cajundaddy : Yesterday at 03:46 PM.
Cajundaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #22874
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

having the 6.5s will let you not have to thump the sub so hard so you'll have a more rounded, better eq'd setup. Unless you're planning on being one of those jackasses that play trap music at beyond max volume, in which case throw your sub in the nearest river
Bitches be Crazy.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #22875
rpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney

The design is so iconic. I'd take a late reg old style Cooper over any of its modern counterparts.

Rate This Thread: