Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
threestarmask

Saving Alice from a Clockwork Dream - Three Star Mask (C4C)

http://soundcloud.com/vlad-threesta...rom-a-clockwork

Hey guys this is my second post here and here's my draft for my latest material.

C4C? : D
threestarmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
zymn

My thing with this is that it sounds like one of those weird mid-80s pop songs that only could've come out of the 80s, know what I mean? Haha I dunno, makes sense to me. The higher pitched vocal segments definitely need some work but you're getting there. Better than me for sure by the way. Check mine out? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1569936
zymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
January85
Registered "User"

Wow. I'm kinda having a real hard time trying to hear the guitar. Did you record it through your singing mic?

This is a cool song tho. For some reason I immediately though of Panic at the DISCO, tho I'm not sure if it's really like one of their songs. The same vibe tho! That TICK TOCK feel of the chorus is friggin' amazing! A great idea! And great job taking a risk and giving the song some damn character! (Many people don't do that.) I love it.

Oh ****! Sorry. But that B part really sounds like something from an adventure NES game! Amazing. I'm talkin' like Duck Tales or Little Nemo or something. I just want to hear that part with full orchestration and a guitar playing the lead. That progression MELTS FACES! > Damn nice job!

Oh definately PatD feel with those layered vox. And friggin Spock's Beard! The outro is great. Haha. A bit different. But GREAT!

I don't know what else to say. I mean it's got some problems soundwise but it's a draft so why to hell would a waste my time yapping about that.

A nice progression as a song... and there's an arc like something's actually happening. It's kinda basic structure, but there's a reason why basic stuff is basic... it works! Even with just onee gtr and vox I can really grasp the different energy levels of the different parts and that's a nice feat. Please make the B part longer with the same sort of NES feel and drop me a message when you do the final version!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1518077
January85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: