Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
OldHairyOne
UG's Hairy Welsh Guy

Could I have some feedback on my tracks please?

https://soundcloud.com/oldhairyone/...finites-skyline

There are five tracks in the linked set that I have written and taken to my band to practice.

Really I just want musical feedback/crit rather than anything to do wit the mix.

Cheers!

Last edited by OldHairyOne : 02-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.
OldHairyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
fdsaevad

hey man. skimmed through, sounds decent. musically, there's no lead voice so it's hard for me to give my opinion on the songs as a whole, but the guitar work and general composition/chord/key changes sounds solid. get it into final stage, you have vox and other guitar parts going on and i'll be able to critique officially, but from what i hear it's a very solid basis for some good tunes.

how did you get your guitar tone on the 3rd song in? : )
fdsaevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
OldHairyOne
UG's Hairy Welsh Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaevad
hey man. skimmed through, sounds decent. musically, there's no lead voice so it's hard for me to give my opinion on the songs as a whole, but the guitar work and general composition/chord/key changes sounds solid. get it into final stage, you have vox and other guitar parts going on and i'll be able to critique officially, but from what i hear it's a very solid basis for some good tunes.

how did you get your guitar tone on the 3rd song in? : )

Cheers dude! Our vocalist has some melodies already, but I have no means of recording them. These were just demos I whipped up with my Pod and Superior Drummer. We're hoping to get two or three tracks done in a studio next month, so I'll obviously be bringing them back to this thread for comparisons, so you can crit those.

The guitar tone is basically the same for all five tracks: Vetta Comp -> Screamer -> Hard Gate -> Solo Overdrive. I can get you the settings if you want.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
OldHairyOne
UG's Hairy Welsh Guy

Nobody else? I'll gladly c4c.

Rate This Thread: