Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
TJ1991
Custom User Title
 
TJ1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, England
The Offspring - Gone Away (female vocals, piano & string quartet) [C4C]

Hey guys, what do you think of this? I did the arrangement and recording, and got a friend to do the vocals. VERY different to the original. C4C, obviously.

https://soundcloud.com/theremovables/gone-away
__________________
In my opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.


Bassist for female-fronted rock band Viszera.
TJ1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
SGstriker
Someone will die...
 
SGstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pawnee, Indiana
This is freaking beautiful. And the way you arranged it makes so much sense. The Offspring should have done something like this. I like the strings playing the guitar melody before the first verse, especially. And she did a very good job with the vocals.

I wish I had thought of this.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1616298
__________________
Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.



12
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
GameSkate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Vocal melody line in chorus suddenly sounds similiar to Mad World, lol, never realised it earlier. Great vocals BTW.
You should add more dynamics to strings.
GameSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
TJ1991
Custom User Title
 
TJ1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
This is freaking beautiful. And the way you arranged it makes so much sense. The Offspring should have done something like this. I like the strings playing the guitar melody before the first verse, especially. And she did a very good job with the vocals.

I wish I had thought of this.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1616298


Thanks very much, glad you like it! I'll check yours out, I'm a big Muse fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSkate
Vocal melody line in chorus suddenly sounds similiar to Mad World, lol, never realised it earlier. Great vocals BTW.
You should add more dynamics to strings.


I actually first got into the Offspring because Gone Away caught my attention with the bit that sounds like Mad World. I agree about dynamics, it's MIDI so took a while to get it to this stage!
__________________
In my opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.


Bassist for female-fronted rock band Viszera.
TJ1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Big bang theory
Registered User
 
Big bang theory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Holy Shit you got a very beautiful voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Funny thing is I recorded my cover and posted it the same day as you did! Mine of course is a cover like the original so nothing new there. Check mine out if you get a chance.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1616418

also If you have a facebook or goggle+ account (or Youtube) let me know so I can subscribe/like!
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Foodland
Sounds like Mad World - Gary Jules to me :P

edit: didn't even see others thought the same rofl xD
Nicely done though, though the violins seem a bit digital, or did someone really record it for you?

Check out a random song out on my profile if you wanna C4C (I'd say go for the Snow Patrol one)
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV
Stagg SW203N

Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf : 09-16-2013 at 10:13 AM.
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.