Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Songwriting & Lyrics
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
StreetLight3989

Annie

So I felt like writing today and this is what came out. Fortunately I've never had an eating disorder or have been close to somebody suffering from, but for some reason this was on my mind. I haven't written in a while, so I'm a little rusty, but it's not the worst thing I've ever written.

It's only a two paragraph sketch, but I don't know what I should do with it. I'm thinking of morphing it into a song, but it might work as a short story.

Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll gladly critique back.

Annie:
Two slices of pizza, one medium Wendy's fries, and a pound of sliced turkey lingered in the bowl for what seemed like an eternity before the depths swallowed them. All that was left was a terribly familiar gaunt face and those lifeless bloodshot eyes. These eyes have been playing a cruel joke on Annie for six months now. These eyes stole her soul.

Annie collapsed on the tiled linoleum of her bathroom floor as the fat snowflakes falling outside devilishly juxtaposed her empty studio apartment. Drifting in and out of consciousness Annie tried figure out how much adderall she had consumed since she had been awake. She knew it was a lot and she knew she'd been awake longer than last time. That's all she could figure out for sure. The numbers were hurting her brain. Staying awake wasn't solving anything. So she closed her eyes.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote