User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #21
Sean0913
Music Theory Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashsplat
Ok great. Thanks for the information fellas.

We use "The Celebration Hymnal" at church and it is available in different instruments. I wanted to get my own book and want to know which 'instrument' would be closest to what I should be playing as the lead guitar. They don't offer electric guitar :P

My brother, playing flute actually takes the lead most of the time and he's very good. We have a bass player and a rhythm guitarist already.

I don't really plan to take any solo's any time soon. I just want to play along with the band and to me, playing notes is actually easier than chords.

No, I know the book. It's not an uncommon book, but its not exactly great for guitarists, especially those who want to learn from the basics.

There is a Worship Guitar Method book by Garth Heckman, a worship and youth pastor. I have been equipping church worship ministries/ministers and parachurch organizations for over a decade. I can definitely help you if you have any specific questions with your particular situation, however I think Garth Heckman did a stellar job in his book series, and I rarely give any resource much praise, no pun intended.

Best,

Sean

An Online, Theory Based Guitar School

Stuck? I Mentor Guitar Players for Free.

If you are interested in the Academy, I offer a free Skype-based Demo. Just contact me on my profile, and we can work out the times.
Sean0913 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: