Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #11321
BobetteSade

Hey everyone, new girl on the block here. I've been into making music for the past 8 years, I started making songs (crappy ones though, don't ask) when I was 11, and now, I guess I've kinda improved? Lol, thanks for having me. x
BobetteSade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:59 AM   #11322
GarbageSwan

Hey UG. it's been a long while, around 5 years I'd say. But I'm back and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 21 year old male who's been playing for around 8 years. I love anything that's unique and unlistenable in a way. I love bands like Sonic Youth, A Place to Bury Strangers, Pavement, early Modest Mouse, Unwound, Pile, etc. Just wanted to say hi and check out how the community has changed.
GarbageSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #11323
AsterMK

Hi all! Not exactly my first post, but eh, close enough.
I'm pretty new to the guitar and I'm still looking for my first electric to learn on. I do have an older classical Washburn, but I do like rock/metal/grunge/punk music more than classical and flamenco so an electric would probably be a right fit for me. I know some chords (need to work hard on chord progression though) but I'm basically a learner in the earliest stages. Gotta say this forum is a nice place to be at for a beginner like me!
AsterMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #11324
Nameless441

Hi guys, im barely new to guitar i bought a cheap guitar from a friend two month ago since i cant pass a day without playin...im here to read and learn and ask some question on technique and gear cause i know totally nothing on the subject....and sorry if my english sound bad im french :/
Nameless441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #11325
paramore418

Smile

Hey y'all! I'm actually not new here...I've been using ultimate guitar for tabs for about 3-5 years or so but I've never posted on a forum. it's my little goal to get more involved on here.
paramore418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #11326
Talyon
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Old Newb here. Just got back into guitar after about a 100yr lay off. Was looking for sheet music for a certain song and a fellow church member said to try here. I found it...and a lot more. Thanx UG. This is going to be a blast.
Tal
Talyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #11327
tom.clarke.bass

Hello all! just joined the forum - 21 year old guitarist in an art rock band called No Feathers. Does anybody have any idea how long I have to wait/what the prerequisites are for making a thread elsewhere? I have a specific effect-based question and was told I couldn't make a thread until I became an active member
tom.clarke.bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #11328
hillarycantu

New!

Hello I'm a newbie! And as a classic newbie I'm not seeing how to add chords to my "favorites". I've looked everywhere! Help?
hillarycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #11329
Black_Slate

Hi There,
Im a metalhead and would like to study music.
Black_Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #11330
ErikaJanee

Hello! I am Erika Janee! French music-lover/musician (sort of) here! Glad to be part of this forum! merci!!!
ErikaJanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #11331
kahunacohen

Hi, I've "played" guitar for 35 years, I'm 42. Given all that time, I suck. Mainly because I just play chords based on shapes and don't really understand the fretboard, though I do read a little music.

I'd like to get back into it, but this time understand what the hell I'm doing. I don't have huge amounts of time given work, family etc. I'm trying to practice 20mins a night, getting back into basic reading of music. I also have a book Guitar Fretboard Workbook which I've tried to work through over the years, but never quite stuck with it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CO4CVN4?keywords=understanding%20the%20fretboar d&qid=1455721774&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I like all kinds of music, rock, jazz, country bluegrass etc. If you were going to spend your time doing one thing to understand the fretboard, what chords to play under a solo, soloing etc. what would you spend your time doing? Resources? I'm tempted to try to concentrate on Jazz, because it seems to me that if you can learn the "basics" of jazz guitar you could apply that to any genre. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Aaron
kahunacohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:41 AM   #11332
TrentRedmond

Greetings friends.
TrentRedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #11333
lisa12867
lisa12867

I'm new here....I've only been taking lessons for about a year. My dad is teaching me . He played professionally for 20 years so I grew up taking his talent for granted....until I asked him to teach me. I suck !...some of you who have or had a jazz guitarist as their teacher may be able to relate ...or maybe not all jazz guitarist who teach also are as tough as my dad , he is a slave driver...the only girl in a family with 3 boys ..I'm the apple of his eye still even at this age but when I go over sunday mornings ..IT'S ON ..Marine bootcamp ....but I'm having the time of my life... I only wish I would've done it sooner . That being said I'll probably just keep to myself from here on and just observe ...I stumbled onto this site and was blown away by the amount of expertise here... I know I could learn a lot and I need all the help I can get!! Lisa
lisa12867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #11334
MichGenia

Hello, Mich here. I wouldn't call myself a musician, I haven't had any formal training, however, I do know how to play the guitar and a little bit of piano as well. Glad to be here.
MichGenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #11335
xaccrocheur

Smile Hi everyone

My name is Phil. I'm a recording guitarist and bassist (and drums and I kinda suck at keys) and I've been wandering those pages for years, but now I want to present you my new album , so I can't wait to become an active user
xaccrocheur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #11336
roger_dog
It goes-a 1..2..3...,

first of many!

I sing for the most part but also try to get in a little guitar here and there.

Last edited by roger_dog : 02-18-2016 at 06:37 PM.
roger_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #11337
Shrinkingego

Whats up

Whats up everybody this is Tod from Indiana
Ive been playing guitar off and on for about 25 years.
I look forward to learning a bunch from the people on here and trying to help when I can.
Shrinkingego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #11338
Adam Jim

Hi my name is adam ! i love guitars and arts
Adam Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #11339
mvrasseli

Well... I play acoustic guitar for about 14 years long. The classical guitar is the instrument that I have a deep knowledge. But then I started make music and I released that I had to play more instruments cause It's hard to find musicians to record your music and you don't want the computer to play that role. Well... so I recently started learn Electric Guitar and keyboards. Well... It's not an easy path but I'm doing my best. If you want listen to my songs go:

https://soundcloud.com/marcus-vinicius-342

Last edited by mvrasseli : 02-19-2016 at 11:14 PM. Reason: put the link
mvrasseli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #11340
Khere

Hey

I naturally write songs by recording on my phone. I sing, I've been learning guitar on and off for a while but I've just started formal study (cert 3 in music for guitar) to really learn how to play the guitar - and after my first few classes I can finally see that learning proper music theory as I learn on the guitar is a good idea! No matter if I write songs already (music/lyrics and everything), it will help me develop my playing skills and ability on the guitar, it finally makes sense haha.

Anyway, I've used enough tabs and read enough articles on this site, I thought I may as well join up and possibly contribute.
Khere is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: