Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
switchfooter

danelectro delay mods

Hi,

If I get this pedal what would I need to do to mod it like this?
Also would it be easy to re-house it into a metal box?

thanks
switchfooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Griffin Effects

Danelectro pedals often use two boards inside. One has the main circuit and one has the switching, power section and jacks (if I remember correctly). To simply rehouse it you can replace the tactile switch with a momentary stomp switch and you will be ok. If you want to true bypass it, that's a lot harder.
As for the mod, to be honest, I didn't watch the video. I believe the pedal is based on the PT239x series chip (I think it's a PT2395 in there. It's been a long time and can't remember) and you should be able to find mods online for that chip and apply it to the pedal. Be wary though that the components in that pedal are SMT which are really small so if you aren't excellent at soldering, odds are you are going to mess up the pedal. Not trying to be mean or negative, just want to point out that SMT scares a lot of people away and you should be pretty good at soldering if you want to attempt it.
Griffin Effects is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: