Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-22-2015, 02:45 AM   #221
r.giri28

I wanted to know if there was any other guitar like Yamaha fg700s At low price to that coz it's about 15k in Delhi and its quite a bit expensive for me as i am just a beginner.
Can you plz tell me??
Thanks in advance..
r.giri28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:42 AM   #222
jeninalouise.ma

I'm sort of new to this. So hello guys!

Now I have a question, I'm a lefty so should I buy a lefty guitar? I have people telling me to just buy a righty guitar and just re-string it. Since there are more options.

Also another one, I am wanting to get a classical or acoustic guitar. Just based on you guys' experience what brands do you guys prefer?

Thank you to whoever responds!
jeninalouise.ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:36 AM   #223
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninalouise.ma
I'm sort of new to this. So hello guys!

Now I have a question, I'm a lefty so should I buy a lefty guitar? I have people telling me to just buy a righty guitar and just re-string it. Since there are more options.
stringing up a guitar backwards is about the dumbest thing thing you can do in the music field, other than take up the tambourine, without learning to sing. Not much call for people with that skill set.

You can do one of two things. Either decide to play right handed, or content yourself from the selection of lefty guitars out in the wild. And there are plenty, just not as many as you could hope for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninalouise.ma
Also another one, I am wanting to get a classical or acoustic guitar. Just based on you guys' experience what brands do you guys prefer?

Thank you to whoever responds!
A classical guitar IS an "acoustic guitar". It produces its sound from sound created within an acoustic chamber. What you're calling an "acoustic", in an attempt to distance it from a classical guitar, is better described described as a "steel string".(acoustic)). Nobody takes the time to call a classical guitar, "an acoustic guitar. The "acoustic part, is mostly understood.

Nylon strung guitars sound very different from steel string guitars, but they're a whole lot easier on the fingers. With a steel string guitar, you'll have to develop callouses on your fingers to play properly, not so much with nylon strings. Probably about 90% of acoustic guitars sold are steel string

I'm left handed and play left handed guitars. If you need more help sorting this out, feel free to post back.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 03-24-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #224
jtelander

What advice for a brand new beginner (i.e. doesn't know any chords) regarding whether to choose dreadnaught, parlor, folk, jumbo or mini-jumbo and doesn't know what neck width will be best?
jtelander is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: