Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #20841
ErikLensherr
MGTOW

Nothing like walking into a damn near empty gym when it opens at 5:30. I wish I was better at waking up that early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers at #33883442
I think we could travel the worlds with our spirits if we blew the smoke at the wind sail and flew into the heavens
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #20842
chrismendiola
wah_riff.mp3

Not living in a city, HMU.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:08 AM   #20843
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Nothing like walking into a damn near empty gym when it opens at 5:30. I wish I was better at waking up that early.

5:30-7am is one of the busiest times at mine. Then 5-7:30pm. Outside of then it's alright

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #20844
k.lainad
we all float down here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
I just hate people. Luckily I work during peak hours and workout at like 8/9am

i try to avoid weekends.

And usually end up working out at noon on weekdays (people are at work or school)
or really late at night, like 10:30 pm /11:00 pm it's not as busy, and i get pretty much the whole weight area to myself.

Plus, nothing better than coming home late a night, taking a shower, eating a hot meal, then passing out on your bed for 8 hours
feelsgood
Old 02-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #20845
Dreadnought
Infinite & Momentary

Had a dece workout today, took the last two days off cuz of bad sleep schedule and depressed mood

5 rounds of:
3x Snatch + OHS w/ 95lbs (two distinct movements; stand up after snatch before OHS)
10x KB swing w/ 24kg
6x Box jumps

3x3 Snatch w/ 115lbs

3x2 mile intervals, 2 min walk in between
14:00
13:30
15:00 (wicked headwind on this one, also dodging mud puddles. sucked.)
Old 02-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #20846
anthsband

I have been floating at 189lbs (18% BF) for a good while now even though I have been really good with my diet and have been lifting. I know I should do cardio but still. So I am now pissed and have decided to be ridiculous:

5am - lift weights for 45 mins
breakfast - smoothie (1c greek yogurt, 1/2c oats, 1tbsp chia seeds, 1/2c fruit, 1/2c almond milk)
lunch - 6oz chicken, 1c broccoli, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
dinner - chicken salad
30 mins Insanity workout
*Drink whey throughout the day to make sure I stay around 180g of protein to not lose muscle mass

Looking at this sounds like it should work right? I'm going crazy trying to lose this last 10-15lbs haha After I do I am going to switch it up and start clean bulking for the first time.
anthsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #20847
k.lainad

^^^

diet looks decent, add some more fruit if you want.

working out twice in one day?
just do the cardio after you wake up, then eat a high protein breakfast, then lift IMHO
but do whatever fits your schedule, cardio before bed or on off day is better than no cardio at all.

kinda broscience, but i'd shoot for ~1.5 gram of protein per lean body mass. Don't go all nazi on your diet though haha keep it up.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #20848
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

PRd my snatch at 80kg last Friday. Felt good to finally hit it. Lot of low % volume for a few weeks then I'll start the peaking process to try and hit some good numbers. Looking at trying to compete in July

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 AM   #20849
heavyairship
'uckin with your shi'

Potatoes: Good for making gains or no?

You used to be alright
What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
heavyairship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #20850
k.lainad

^^^
i eat potatoes all the time. I stir-fry and bake them a few times a week at least.
Love taters. Sweet potatoes are even better!
Potatoes are a good source of complex carbs, if your macros and total calorie intake are ok, you can eat them with no worries.
eat them with chicken breast or a beef, add some veggies, brown rice, and you have a great meal for bodybuilding!
Old 02-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #20851
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

I eat a bag of those simply potatoes for breakfast and usually another meal with sweet potatoes later in the day. so cheap. so good.
sk8byf8bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #20852
Guitardude19
UG's Mad Scientist

I switched out potatoes for sweet potatoes only because I prefer sweet potatoes and they release their carb content more slowly than potatoes so I feel fuller for longer and have more energy.

Still eat potatoes on occassion though.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #20853
heavyairship
'uckin with your shi'

That's good news. I was getting tired of my diet and potatoes are so cheap and delicious. I've gained 15 pounds this year by just eating healthy and eating a lot, no calorie counting or anything like that. I was pretty sick last year and my weight dropped to below 155lbs but I finally had the energy to start working out again at the beginning of the year and I'm trying to make the most of it.

You used to be alright
What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
heavyairship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #20854
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
So I've actually been working out a lot and logging it very consistently. I gotta put it on a document on this computer, and then I'll post a screenshot of it

FYI, I log all my workouts and other fitness data into excel. Don't know if you'd find that helpful
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #20855
Dreadnought
Infinite & Momentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann_blood
FYI, I log all my workouts and other fitness data into excel. Don't know if you'd find that helpful

I've been using Word to log it on my work computer, haven't found a good excel template yet and don't have the patience to make one myself

Old 02-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #20856
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

I use excel Have a PR column then formula in each weeks exercises that works out the weights I'm using that week. Eg all my snatch stuff is x% of 80kg.

Took a little while to set up but is easy now.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Old 02-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #20857
TheChaz
Other Barry

Been having some good workouts this week. Still tough to keep up on with how busy I am
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #20858
Dreadnought
Infinite & Momentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
I use excel Have a PR column then formula in each weeks exercises that works out the weights I'm using that week. Eg all my snatch stuff is x% of 80kg.

Took a little while to set up but is easy now.

Mind if I take a peak?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:10 AM   #20859
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
I've been using Word to log it on my work computer, haven't found a good excel template yet and don't have the patience to make one myself

[img]thing[/img]

I reckon you'd struggle a bit just given the variety of what you're doing. Like for my actual workouts I just use plain word, log it in different cells, it's basically the same as notepad. But then I set up a tab for tracking all the important shit (planned progression, progress of compound lifts, weights, etc) and set up other tabs as I need them
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #20860
arcanom

Hey, just want to put an update. Its been 2 weeks since I started back on gym. I ALMOST dont feel alergies / skin reactions anymore. Rarely for first 3-5 minutes when I do cardio.

I jumped on the PHAT routine (slightly modified for my liking and gym). I used to do it 2 years ago and had great gains with it. As expected my strength is no where near what I used to have. In fact I cant do any pullups or body weight dips at this point... However I think I'll regain the most of strength within a month, give or take an half..

I try to reach 2g/bodyweight (kg) protein intake. I'm lean guy (176 height, 67kgs) so Ill be bulking. Currently using full fat milk as a soure of macros. Drinking around 1 liter per day atm. Besides that a full meal lunch, tuna sandwitches at afternoon and a chicken / rice dinner. I dont have too many options because I live in dorms..

Also got my hands on GNC creatine plus (with aminos). I used to take plain creatine but couldnt find that on the nearby store. Some aminos wouldnt hurt either because classes can force me to skip/delay my meals.

So yeah its good. I'm glad Im back on the gym

edit: I even enjoy the protein farts...
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...

Last edited by arcanom : 02-16-2016 at 06:52 PM.
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: