Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #41
badfish_lewis

Get used to dealing with people like that would be my advice. Or, get rid of the GF in hopes of finding one who's friends aren't like that, perhaps find a deaf/blind girlfriend.
badfish_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
seabear70
Lost in the Twilight Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudetheman
Today I got stuck with these two females for two hours (go ahead Pit, I expect it), one being my friend's girlfriend and the other being a friend of hers.

Now, my friend's girlfriend is...alright. I don't mind her, I deal with her, because I have to. I like spending time with my friend, so I have to spend time with her. That's just how it is.

She's one of those folks who has nothing to talk about besides the lives and doings of other people. "Blank Blank is the biggest ***** in the city!" "I heard blank got blank pregnant and doesn't want her to keep it!" "Everybody says he cheated on her with whoever, etc."

Constantly. I have to hear this shit spray out of her mouth every minute of every hour that I spend with them. It's ridiculous, and I can't stand it. I had to listen to it for 2 hours today, staring mindlessly at the TV, trying as hard as possible to pretend I couldn't even hear it, for fear of t-totally losing my shit and going off on both of them.

What is wrong with people like this? Do they just have nothing interesting to say? Do they have nothing better to do? Is it the media? What the fuck?

I hope someone else shares my frustration here.

/rage.

First of all, no, there is nothing wrong with you, people like that are ****ing obnoxious.

Second, you need to understand something when dealing with men and women.

Let's cut out all the mars and venus bullshit. Men and women can be understood by examining their fantasies.

Men's fantasies are based on Hedonism. They want the fastest car, the most women, the most money, whatever. They want these things because they want them, They see themselves hanging out with rockstars, screwing 30 women at a time on a 500 foot yacht. These are not competitive, if you have two guys who actually mange to run out of wants and they meet each other, they will swap stuff and race on weekends.

Women's fantasies are based on revenge. They want the fastest car, the hottest guy, the biggest house, etc. But the reasons are a little darker. They want the huge house to show to their friends so hey feel more powerful or successful.

They are competitive on a level that men never could be. You will never see two guys fighting over a woman neither one wants, women do that all the time. I've actually used that to get two women into bed. Both of them insisted they gave a better blowjob. The sad part is neither one actually wanted me. The great part was I was cool with that.

The point is, those women talking shit about everyone is pretty normal, some women just have enough sense to confine it to people who are not going to get irritated by that crap.
seabear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #43
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabear70
First of all, no, there is nothing wrong with you, people like that are ****ing obnoxious.

Let's cut out all the mars and venus bullshit. Men and women can be understood by examining their fantasies.

Men's fantasies are based on Hedonism. They want the fastest car, the most women, the most money, whatever. They want these things because they want them, They see themselves hanging out with rockstars, screwing 30 women at a time on a 500 foot yacht. These are not competitive, if you have two guys who actually mange to run out of wants and they meet each other, they will swap stuff and race on weekends.

I don't want any of these things. You're just an idiot.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #44
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucklesMginty
Maybe you're gay.

If he were gay, he would love that kind of juicy gossip. In fact, he would have probably have more dirt on just about everybody than either of those two bitches have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #45
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
But it wouldn't have been funny if you said it, that'd be too obvious.

I need to find a different shtick.

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 02-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #46
Crazyedd123
UG's Primus fanboy

Not all girls are like that...
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Crazyedd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
Zaphikh
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
My roommate has a similar girlfriend who now unfortunately lives with us. She's constantly bad tempered and complains about pretty much everything. She depends entirely on him to feed her and if he doesn't respond immediately to her demands she gets angry at him. I constantly have to listen to "Richard, I'm hungry" "well what do you want to eat" "I don't know" "well how about [insert kind of food here]?" "No." [Repeat for half an hour]. And on top of all of that, she has no hobbies. She sits around playing gameboy or going on reddit or watching shitty things on netflix, and she never helps us clean up anything, including messes she generates.

So yeah, that can be frustrating.

Fuck. That. Shit.
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #48
Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...

I hate it too. Put up with it and women will spend more time with you

Twitter
Youtube
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Woffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #49
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudetheman
That's why. Most girls I try to date, or be around, or whatever, end up doing this, and I can't stand it. It takes everything I have to be able to force myself to tolerate it, let alone enjoy it, look forward to it.

As weird as it is to believe, there actually are girls out there who don't gossip all the time. Start avoiding people who gossip. You'll find a girl who doesn't think it's her business to talk about anybody and everybody behind their back.

Trust me, man. My girl never discusses other people like that. (Hell, she hates talking about others in anything besides a positive light.) Honestly, that's part of what makes her so attractive, her wonderful personality.

So, girls who don't gossip do exist.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 02-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #50
kumamilesbear
UG's Ninjobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz92
Me too, brah. Futanari is the shizzle.

I think you misunderstand.
I don't like women at all. I'm 100% gay. I just don't act like it in any stereotypical way.
Peavey XXX 212

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
LePou Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses

ninjobo of the bass militia
PM Nutter_101 to join
kumamilesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #51
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!

It's hard for me to get along with most people. Surprisingly few of them manage to strike the balance between being boring and batshit fucking insane.

Having said that, I would generally advise against generalising people based on their gender. You can't assume that a few individuals accurately represent the behaviour of half the earth's population.

Not all women are like that, although some of them definitely are. Some men are like that too. You're not sexist for disliking a certain type of person.

Last edited by sashki : 02-04-2013 at 01:59 PM.
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #52
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabear70

Women's fantasies are based on revenge. They want the fastest car, the hottest guy, the biggest house, etc. But the reasons are a little darker. They want the huge house to show to their friends so hey feel more powerful or successful.

They are competitive on a level that men never could be. You will never see two guys fighting over a woman neither one wants, women do that all the time. I've actually used that to get two women into bed. Both of them insisted they gave a better blowjob. The sad part is neither one actually wanted me. The great part was I was cool with that.

The point is, those women talking shit about everyone is pretty normal, some women just have enough sense to confine it to people who are not going to get irritated by that crap.

This. Anyone who disagree's is just being purposely ignorant.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #53
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack

Or just not a part of that terrible stereotype?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #54
anvil is god
can't do enough

Quote:

I hope that you're kidding. Seabear's post was unfounded psuedo-intellectual bullshit.

last.fm
anvil is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #55
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
I hope that you're kidding. Seabear's post was unfounded psuedo-intellectual bullshit.

You're hope may be true.
OR MAYBE IT ISN'T
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #56
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned

I have a friend who constantly bitches and moans and has a strop but she has a really nice arse, so

Tell them to shut up
"You're being annoying, here is why: "
They'll either feel silly and stop talking, or get angry at you and stop talking
(:
It's pretty easy to just ignore it, though, and if you think it isn't just remind yourself that we're all a bit like that. I mean, you just made a thread based on the kind of behavior you were complaining about. It's only irritating if you allow it to irritate you.
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #57
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
You're hope may be true.
OR MAYBE IT ISN'T

what does this even mean?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #58
mystical_1
**** it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
I have a friend who constantly bitches and moans and has a strop but she has a really nice arse, so

Tell them to shut up
"You're being annoying, here is why: "
They'll either feel silly and stop talking, or get angry at you and stop talking
(:
It's pretty easy to just ignore it, though, and if you think it isn't just remind yourself that we're all a bit like that. I mean, you just made a thread based on the kind of behavior you were complaining about. It's only irritating if you allow it to irritate you.

Probably this. By listening (or appearing to) you are being co-dependent. Unless she keeps talking even when no-one else is in the room.

Obviously you can't tell her to shut up if she's your bf's gf but just think, if she talks about everyone else, I wonder what she says about you when you're not around. I doubt anyone is special in her book and gets a free pass from her opinion.

Narcissistic, perhaps, its only a stones throw away? Those are the ones you watch out for.

mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: