Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
l8machine

Lightbulb Should I trade my Schecter for a Fender?

So, I have a Schecter Blackjack C-1. It's a great guitar, set neck, the original Seymour Duncan pickups and a really metally sound.

My problem with it is - I play blues and rock almsot exclusively (The Black Keys, Jack White, Buddy Guy, Jon Spencer, sometimes the likes of The Vines). And the Schecter has a very sharp sound, which is very good for distortion and, you know, shredding.

I posted to sell it, and was offered to trade for a Mexican Fender Stratocaster in great condition. I'm guessing sound-wise I will like it much more, but I don't want to trade for something really inferior price-wise. You think it's a fair trade (I'm ok if the fender is a bit cheaper)?
l8machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
whoomit

Ask these guys: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...isplay.php?f=26

Welcome to the site
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
AvengedReno
UG's only Cypriot user

I think you should sell it instead and go and try out some guitars at guitar center if you are from U.S or you could buy some different pickups. I believe the fender standard is worth about $500 new so there is a bit of a price difference with your schecter.
AvengedReno is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: