Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #6561
arcanom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
do you ever come across people that you want to know better but you cant because you live far away, dont really have a common friend & circle etc? I've met this girl a year ago or something. She is one of close friends of a girlfriend of mine. Yet our common friend moved to 15000 miles away or something. We have no common grounds now... Shame.
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #6562
MapOfYourHead
Often sarcastic
 
MapOfYourHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanom
do you ever come across people that you want to know better but you cant because you live far away, dont really have a common friend & circle etc? I've met this girl a year ago or something. She is one of close friends of a girlfriend of mine. Yet our common friend moved to 15000 miles away or something. We have no common grounds now... Shame.


"Hey! you're blah's friend"
"Yeah, you hear she moved to blah?"
"Man we should've hung out more you were pretty blah"
"Should go to blah together I heard it's good"

blah
MapOfYourHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #6563
arcanom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
"Hey! you're blah's friend"
"Yeah, you hear she moved to blah?"
"Man we should've hung out more you were pretty blah"
"Should go to blah together I heard it's good"

blah


**** that just made me feel so unconfident about myself. I broke up with my girlfriend 3 weeks ago (weve been togather for 2 years). I think I'm too rusted
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM   #6564
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Foodland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
"Hey! you're blah's friend"
"Yeah, you hear she moved to blah?"
"Man we should've hung out more you were pretty blah"
"Should go to blah together I heard it's good"

blah


women always fall for the blah's
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM   #6565
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanom
**** that just made me feel so unconfident about myself. I broke up with my girlfriend 3 weeks ago (weve been togather for 2 years). I think I'm too rusted


Charm doesn't necessarily rust. You may have forgotten your most used lines or have an issue with the delivery, but if the desire is there, you're fine.

Now, being afraid of the rejection is another problem on its own. While I don't believe you should sit around and mope, talking to this woman after you haven't even given yourself the proper time to cope would most likely not be in your best interest.

Especially if you weren't the one to end it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #6566
arcanom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
Charm doesn't necessarily rust. You may have forgotten your most used lines or have an issue with the delivery, but if the desire is there, you're fine.

Now, being afraid of the rejection is another problem on its own. While I don't believe you should sit around and mope, talking to this woman after you haven't even given yourself the proper time to cope would most likely not be in your best interest.

Especially if you weren't the one to end it.


We ended it mutually as she was moving to states (I live in Turkey). We did long distance for 3 months before and we didnt have the guts for trying it again.

I think you are right about giving some time. Ill be starting to college next week and I think It would be easier for me to get back into game in college atmosphere where everyone is willing to meet and be friends
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM   #6567
CrazyMatt
UG's Mr.Hyde
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: soooo out there
I never got all the fuzz about "dates". when the hell did this turn into anything other than "hey, you're interesting, let's spend time together and see what happens"?
i feel like the whole concept has become a weird thing on it's own.

all this "ice breaking" and "pick-up line" business just seems horribly cold and mechanical to me. personally, I wouldn't want to use (or need) some kind of strategy just to get a girl to spend time with me again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #6568
MapOfYourHead
Often sarcastic
 
MapOfYourHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMatt
I never got all the fuzz about "dates". when the hell did this turn into anything other than "hey, you're interesting, let's spend time together and see what happens"?
i feel like the whole concept has become a weird thing on it's own.

all this "ice breaking" and "pick-up line" business just seems horribly cold and mechanical to me. personally, I wouldn't want to use (or need) some kind of strategy just to get a girl to spend time with me again.


You need to talk to them. During this talking you need to show interest. You need to ask them out and some point so you can get to know them. That's how people work.

And nobody actually uses pickup lines.
MapOfYourHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #6569
CrazyMatt
UG's Mr.Hyde
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: soooo out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
You need to talk to them. During this talking you need to show interest. You need to ask them out and some point so you can get to know them. That's how people work.


I think you misunderstood. I feel like the issues with asking-people-out get artificically inflated, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
And nobody actually uses pickup lines.


heh.. wouldn't that be nice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #6570
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz
 
EndTheRapture51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
My good (and incredibly handsome ) friend is feeling really down on himself. He hasn't ever had a girlfriend and is 21 years old.

Quote:
beta post. the feeling if being completely unlovable is compltely consuming my existence. what the hell is wrong with me? ive never felt loved by anyone. ive never had a girlfriend. ive never even kissed a girl man. i'm almost 21. its so easy for everyone else. its pretty humiliating. I just don't understand what is wrong with me

to make things worse the only girl ive ever been completely in love with is the only one that ever will have friendzoned me. i dont understand why nothing can ever go my way


What advice can I give and what can I say to make him feel better? I've told him he needs to just put himself out there, find a girl that he clicks with and get that first kiss after which everything will become easier, but he's hung up on this one girl so much.

Quote:
ive been infatuated over girls before. this one is different


It's typical infatuation, what can you say to someone who is so clearly deluded?
__________________
#WengerOut
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #6571
MapOfYourHead
Often sarcastic
 
MapOfYourHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51's m8
beta post. the feeling if being completely unlovable is compltely consuming my existence. what the hell is wrong with me? ive never felt loved by anyone. ive never had a girlfriend. ive never even kissed a girl man. i'm almost 21. its so easy for everyone else. its pretty humiliating. I just don't understand what is wrong with me

to make things worse the only girl ive ever been completely in love with is the only one that ever will have friendzoned me. i dont understand why nothing can ever go my way


Dress better. Get a decent haircut. Get better at topbanter by failing at it in front of many women. You sucked at playing the guitar for a long time too, didn't you? The only reason it's easier for "everyone" else is because they know how to play the game to some degree.

Your "one" is gone, and talking to other girls will slowly put you her out of your mind. Not talking to other girls leaves her there eating away at you. Leave her there for too long and you'll start doubting yourself. Doubt yourself for too long and you end up afraid of rejection. Don't go out looking for the one, instead just chat with the women around you. It'll build up your confidence that other people do like you - even if you don't like them as much.

Over time that confidence will been noticed by someone you do like, and banter will ensue, and you'll get to touch her boobs
MapOfYourHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #6572
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
My good (and incredibly handsome ) friend is feeling really down on himself. He hasn't ever had a girlfriend and is 21 years old.



What advice can I give and what can I say to make him feel better? I've told him he needs to just put himself out there, find a girl that he clicks with and get that first kiss after which everything will become easier, but he's hung up on this one girl so much.



It's typical infatuation, what can you say to someone who is so clearly deluded?


tell him to come by here for a proper, much-needed lashing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.