Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #3081
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

Just ordered a copy of Nimrod on vinyl. Yellow vinyl.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #3082
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Just got tickets to see them in like March or April or something. I'm interested to see what their show is like, having seen them back in 2010. Thankfully I really liked almost every song from Uno, so hopefully they throw in a lot of those. I wouldn't mind if they skipped over some older ones.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #3083
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

I saw them once, in 2002. I'm not sure I'd go see them again. They were great back then, but I'm less than enthusiastic of most of the stuff they've put out since then.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #3084
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Ehn, they were a Christmas gift.
I probably wouldn't pay full price to see them at this point either.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #3085
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru

I thought all of these albums were really forgettable. I'm not used to being disappointed by bands I like (especially when it's a band that used to be my favorite). I'll give Dos and Tre a couple more listens but I can't see myself liking them. There isn't a single song I wanted to go back and listen to.
soundgarden1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #3086
whywefight
I need loooooooo-

I can barely get myself to listen to their new stuff. After being so disappointed with 21st Century....
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #3087
WCPhils
UG Addict

I liked Dos and Tres

I just wish they had condensed them into one longer album. Because there were some pretty good songs, but they were to spread out.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #3088
MinterMan22
taking "minter" back ~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
I can barely get myself to listen to their new stuff. After being so disappointed with 21st Century....

my problem with 21st century isn't that the songs are bad.. it's that no effort went into them. they basically took warning and remade all the songs with less energy and really stupid lyrics.

i hated 21st century but honestly can't get enough of uno dos tre
MinterMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #3089
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru

I'm torn on 21st Century. The songs I like are up there with some of my favorite Green Day songs. The problem is, there are way too many songs I don't care about. I should also note that my opinion on AI has lessened since I first heard it when I was 12 (not that that's a big shocker. But to put it into perspective, Superunknown has been my favorite album since I found it the winter of 2005/2006). Maybe I'm just losing interest in Green Day, despite not wanting to. They were one of the bands that made me want to play music.
soundgarden1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #3090
MinterMan22
taking "minter" back ~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgarden1986
I'm torn on 21st Century. The songs I like are up there with some of my favorite Green Day songs. The problem is, there are way too many songs I don't care about. I should also note that my opinion on AI has lessened since I first heard it when I was 12 (not that that's a big shocker. But to put it into perspective, Superunknown has been my favorite album since I found it the winter of 2005/2006). Maybe I'm just losing interest in Green Day, despite not wanting to. They were one of the bands that made me want to play music.

a lot of people can relate to that.. with me it's a bit weird tbh..

i didnt really start getting into green day until a few of years after american idiot so i missed the entire craze. i was already into music and plauyeng guitar and making music in a couple of shitty middle school bands. but when i got into them, it completely changed how i viewed music. before i was stuck in the mindset that for music to be good it had to have "emotional valueA" or some stupid shit like that.. like for young elitist douche me to consider it to be good it had to be all broody and drepressing and as a result i wasntn a very fun person to be around in any way. my favourite bands were those similar hard rock bands with the same old prs guitars, indigo straight leg jeans, black t-shirts and centred around some overzealous deep-voiced vocalist.. i honestly can't stand any of that stuff anymore.. first album i heard by green day was nimrod. what im about to say sounds lame as **** but nimrod taught me that music should sound fun and as a result i started listening to more fun music and became a nicer person to be around. complete attitude change initially towards music but eventuallly translating into all aspects of my life. fun shit is good.

it took me a while to after nimrod but i got into american idiot about a year and a half before 21st century. in a way i guess that spared me from getting what blake called american idiot syndrome orr 21st century syndrome i don't remember lol. i still thought that album was garbage but for other reasons than it just not living up to the expectations set by ai. only track on that album i still listen to is the title track.

Last edited by MinterMan22 : 01-15-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #3091
Telecaster7
Call me Leon

I'm just gonna say it. I hate Uno Dos and Tre. I like 21st Century because I like the sound it had. Some of the songs (Restless Heart Syndrome was my favourite) just sounded awesome, despite often terrible lyrics. But I listen to The new 3 and all I hear is... I don't even know. It's just bad to me. Too clean without sounding well produced, the lyrics are somehow worse than 21CBD, and the things they sing about... Well it's just not my cup of tea, I'll say that.
Telecaster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #3092
MinterMan22
taking "minter" back ~~~

funny how im about to pick apart a couple of the only tracks i can actually listen to on that album

21st century breakdown - ripoff of jesus of suburbia
viva la gloria - letterbomb with a piano intro
peacemaker - faster version of misery
last of the american girls - reminds me of redundant with a different vocal pattern
murder city - see viva la gloria 1 minus piano
viva la gloria 2 - if blood sex and booze and misery had a child
the static age - not even trying to hide it here. carbon ****ing copy of church on sunday. they ****ing butcher the song too.
21 guns - mix your two biggest singles from your previous album and what do you get?
american eulogy-mass hysteria - tell me that those verses aren't a shitty version of deadbeat holiday
american eulogy-modern world - it's late as **** so i can't think of the track off the top of my head but this is another rip off

at least what they did these past few months hasn't lazily borrowed so heavily from their past. not saying there arent moments they havent done before, just saying at least they put in the effort to keep it subtle and fresh.

i will give them this though. they got some of their most original tracks on 21st century. last night on earth/before the lobotomy/restless heart syndrome are all stuff they havent really done before prior to it. i wanna say horseshoes too. all that stuff to me just seems so out of place and lost in translation. then you got the filler tracks like christians inferno which are flat out terrible probably the worst stuff theyve done as a band. don't get me wrong, i really like the title track and ill give a few of the other songs like the vivas! and murder city a spin here and there but overall i cant help but be disappointed by it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #3093
█▐▌█▐▌

who cares
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #3094
MinterMan22
taking "minter" back ~~~

honestly didn't have anything better to do than to post that
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #3095
WCPhils
UG Addict

Anyone know what they're playing on their tour right now?

Thinking about buying tickets
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #3096
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks

Drunk in 2006.

Man.....lucky.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute
1999 Ibanez RG470 (MIJ)
Peavey 6505+
Egnater Tweaker 15 (Yeah, I tweak)