Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
crushingmetal

C4C - Instrumental Metal - Extinction and Rebirth

Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
aaron aardvark

crushingmetal,
Audio quality is good (though maybe a bit loud at very high frequencies; though I'm sensitive to that). Guitar playing & riffs kick a$$! When was the last time I said that? Some good vocals wouldn't hurt. If there is electric bass during the distorted guitar, I have a hard time telling (maybe it's just following the guitar). Otherwise, it sounds great! Drums sound quite good. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581578
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
crushingmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron aardvark
crushingmetal,
Audio quality is good (though maybe a bit loud at very high frequencies; though I'm sensitive to that). Guitar playing & riffs kick a$$! When was the last time I said that? Some good vocals wouldn't hurt. If there is electric bass during the distorted guitar, I have a hard time telling (maybe it's just following the guitar). Otherwise, it sounds great! Drums sound quite good. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581578

Thanks for the kind words! That reminds me, any metal vocalists out there? PM me
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
Bostonrocks
UG God

Critting While listening:

I really like the riff, very heavy, while still being listenable, and not too IMMAUBERMETZULGUY. Not a huge fan of the tone, too much gain, you should hi-pass your guitars at like 100hz and see what happenons. Also not sold on the drum tones, try boosting the kick around 80hz cutting 250-500 out and cutting like 2k a little! Also you're a tad outta tune

I really like the part around 1 minute, reminds me of YYZ, super cool.

part at 3:10 is super sweet, reminds me of periphery in a really good way. Super cool.

Personally not a fan of the clean bit, I think it takes a very high energy song down a little too far.

LOVE the guitar solo

Other than that I like this a lot! hope it was helpful!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...40#post30888140 check out my bands pre pro stuff!
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
JB95
I like taco

Thanks for the crit!

I love your style! The rock riffing with droptuned guitars with djent elements turned out be be a cool combination. Very interesting to listen to. Very tight playing by the way.
The symbals could be lowered slightly, and the kick drum needs to cut through a little more. Some adjustments in EQ and overall mixing will do wonders and make the song even better!
3:10 I like the heavy riffing here alot!
3:33 It would be cool if the distorted guitars faded out rather than suddenly disappearing.
I think your solo is really cool, but 4:51 sounds a bit odd with the pentatonic solo over the djenty riffing. Maybe that part would do fine without the lead.
5:24 you can hear quite clearly that the guitar is out of tune.
A bit unpleasant note to end the song in the outro haha.

A pretty good song in my opinion, and you should totally make more of them!
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
\m/Gaz

I actually really liked this song, riffs in the first minute are great, remind me a little bit of mastery. The little break from 1:00 - 1:15 was great, I feel the part afterwards would really benefit from some vocals, maybe. the playing is great, really tight, and the production is drums sound good, but maybe the bit with the toms at 2:30 could be varied a bit? or maybe some different tom samples used? Only nit picking here haha. Then the part at about 3 minutes is a little choppy but with some staccato vocals I think it could work well. Where the hell did that 7th string just come from? gives it a nice edge though, but you may wanna vary the breakdown a bit with low bents on maybe the 1st and 3rd frets? also could do with fading out the djent guitar when the acoustic bit comes in, it's a little abrupt the way it ends. The playing in the solo was great but for me it didn't sit well with the rest of the song, the part from 4:20 to 4:38 either the guitar was out of tune or the bends were not quite right. Then the blues solo was great, but as soon as the djent bit kicks in again I think you should either cut out the leads or put more atonal stuff in, kida like 1:52 in this song then the final transition is great and it's back to the awesome riffs form the beginning, which in my opinion were the best part of the song Most of what I picked out was just down to personal taste, so no offense intended

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582643
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
jesus=dinosaur
UG's gayest heterosexual

Alright, i never really got into thrash and metal but ill give this a shot, There were some really cool riffs in the first minute, and the drums went really well with it. The drums in general were pretty cool, i like how instead of a typical thrash thing it wasnt all double bass and whatnot. The harmony parts throughout gave it a that bit that kept some of the parts a bit more interesting. Personally i wasnt feeling the djent-y style breakdowns (I have no idea what else to call it) A little after 3 minutes in. I did like how you kept changing styles throughout, although the part at around 3:40 sounded kinda gimmicky and ballady it helped propel the song without getting stale like a lot of instrumental thrash i feel would get.
Although a singer might help make things easier for you guys, you are pretty fine on your own exploring different genres in one song and keeping things varied, i enjoyed it.
'65 Fender Vibrochamp
Martin D-15

Check out my soundcloud - Cold Things Never Catch Fire
jesus=dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #8
beau05
UG Senior Member

This sounds pretty sweet man! Long songs can drag a bit, but there's enough dynamics in there to not get bored. The solo sounds sweet as, I reckon it fits really well with the progression and the overall mood

You're from NZ right? I'm pretty keen to come check you guys out, if you're in Auckland

Check this out too http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582250
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
VíctorG

This song has some kickass Pantera-like riffs, and the solo totally blew me away when the rythm distorted guitar kicked in and I really liked how you used the pentatonic scale at the 4:40 mark, because I thought it wouldn't fit with the next chord on the rythm, but it did (don't know if you get what I mean lol) but I think it messed it up a bit at 4:51 with the chuggy riff, it doesn't fit there to me.

Overall really good, heavy song with nice progressive bits, the only thing I would change are the open string (seventh string?) low riffs, I feel they dont blend in well.
VíctorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
crushingmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau05
This sounds pretty sweet man! Long songs can drag a bit, but there's enough dynamics in there to not get bored. The solo sounds sweet as, I reckon it fits really well with the progression and the overall mood

You're from NZ right? I'm pretty keen to come check you guys out, if you're in Auckland

Check this out too http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582250

Pretty cool stuff, that singer's pretty wild haha. Nice epic sound you have going on, and that band logo is sweet too! Yeah from NZ, Welly though, and this is kinda a one man project haha, haven't really thought about getting a band together, it could happen though.

Rate This Thread: