Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #741
due 07
trill clinton
 
due 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in yah crib watching netflix wit yah girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
You'll Live

above the weather is so good.

post-rock emo guy, check out just got back from the discomfort--we're alright by the brave little abacus. i am thoroughly convinced that it's the best emo release since nothing feels good.

show


all of their music is free, check out their last.fm page. i think there's a link to a mediafire folder containing everything besides their last ep, which is free on quoteunquote.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #742
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
What are some good bands like Moss Icon's Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly album?
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #743
due 07
trill clinton
 
due 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in yah crib watching netflix wit yah girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
What are some good bands like Moss Icon's Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly album?

dude i was mad into that album a couple years ago, i should probably listen to it again.

anyway, this band is pretty good and they take lots of influence from moss icon without aping them.

http://nebraska.bandcamp.com/
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #744
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
dude i was mad into that album a couple years ago, i should probably listen to it again.

anyway, this band is pretty good and they take lots of influence from moss icon without aping them.

http://nebraska.bandcamp.com/


thnx duebear. :3
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #745
GoodCharloteSux
Registered User
 
GoodCharloteSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA
Late 90's - Early 2000's mid tempo classic pop punk (Alk 3, Green Day, Braver, Samiam) style
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #746
due 07
trill clinton
 
due 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in yah crib watching netflix wit yah girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCharloteSux
Late 90's - Early 2000's mid tempo classic pop punk (Alk 3, Green Day, Braver, Samiam) style

the ambulars - dreamers asleep at the wheel

show


audio recording club - in the end, we are all light

show
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #747
Jon777
Assbender
 
Jon777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA brah
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Secret Plot to Destroy the Entire Universe
CSTVT (Castavet)
Moving Mountains (only on Pneuma [Cover the Roots/Lower the Stems is one of the greatest songs ever written])
Brave Bird
You'll Live
Now, Now
Their/They're/There



Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
above the weather is so good.

post-rock emo guy, check out just got back from the discomfort--we're alright by the brave little abacus. i am thoroughly convinced that it's the best emo release since nothing feels good.

show


all of their music is free, check out their last.fm page. i think there's a link to a mediafire folder containing everything besides their last ep, which is free on quoteunquote.



Thanks fellas. I'll check 'em out.
__________________
GOOD LORD IT'S
A CHEESEBURGER GOOD

LORD IT'S A CHEESEBURGER
GOOD LORD IT'S A CHEESE
BURGER GOOD LORD IT'S
A CHEESEBURGER


~
Jon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #748
greenday2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The beautiful boglands of Eire
Well worth a listen

Great Voice

__________________
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
greenday2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #749
tonymurphybtp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosin22533
ive been trying to get into some new bands but im having trouble finding some
i was kind of look for something emo, like real emo
or even some old pop-punk
idk, i just need something new



Check out my band Bombardier to Pilot, we've been compared to bands such as the starting line, senses fail, the wonder years, and transit! [forbidden link]
tonymurphybtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #750
jbm351
Registered User
 
jbm351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I really like Black Veil Brides, but my parents made me stop listening to them because they suposedly worship the devil. Are there any bands that play music like them, but don't worship the devil?
jbm351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #751
ricta2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm351
I really like Black Veil Brides, but my parents made me stop listening to them because they suposedly worship the devil. Are there any bands that play music like them, but don't worship the devil?


Have you tried listening to Marilyn Manson or black veil brides?
ricta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #752
jbm351
Registered User
 
jbm351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricta2
Have you tried listening to Marilyn Manson or black veil brides?

I listend to Black Veil Brides for a while and my dad found out and says they worship the devil, so he made me stop. It's the same with Marilyn manson. Do you know any non-devil worshiping bands like bvb?
jbm351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #753
lookpizza
Party Hard
 
lookpizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm351
I listend to Black Veil Brides for a while and my dad found out and says they worship the devil, so he made me stop. It's the same with Marilyn manson. Do you know any non-devil worshiping bands like bvb?

I think both you and your dad can agree on Ceremony
__________________
I'm an asshole.
lookpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #754
phayzze
Registered User
 
phayzze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm351
I really like Black Veil Brides, but my parents made me stop listening to them because they suposedly worship the devil. Are there any bands that play music like them, but don't worship the devil?

Your parents are ******ed, and so are you.

Anyone got anything similar to MCR's first album, "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love"?
__________________
Kate Upton nudes!
phayzze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #755
GoodCharloteSux
Registered User
 
GoodCharloteSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by phayzze
Your parents are ******ed, and so are you.

Anyone got anything similar to MCR's first album, "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love"?


They might be, but atleast they care. I was raised similarly, not to that extent of that intensity but it made me be thorough and do research on what I listened to, make smart educated arguments as to the misconception of certain rock bands and that molded me to make my own decisions as to what to listen to.

If something goes against your personal beliefs then why would you support and entertain yourself with the same slop? I think it would be hypocritical for me to blast black metal as I drove up to my place of worship. So for instance I don't listen to that then because music isn't the most important thing in my life.

With that said Black Veil Brides is probably the most harmless band in the world compared to others......but....hey all up to his parents on how to handle that.

Hey just my personal belief, youre free to express yours.

As to your request:

Finch
Some of Saves The Day's new material has the same dark tone--I'm thinking the album Daybreak
Cursive (Early Sunsets Over Monroeville- like more than the others on that album)
Mid range AFI (Black Sails-Sing The Sorrow)
Old-Mid Senses Fail

Sorry, best I could do looking through my album collection. None of them really fit what youre asking that well but I gave it a shot
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
GoodCharloteSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #756
vanitybinge
Vanity Binge
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cape Cod, Mass
Can someone just tell me what 'emo-violence' means and who represents this mess?
vanitybinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #757
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Emo violence is murky genre (given that it shares so many qualities with its neighbors) that most simply combines the intensity and chaos of powerviolence with the lyrical and vocal approach more akin to early emo and screamo bands. The best examples that represent this personally to me are bands like Orchid and Usurp Synapse.


blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #758
HelpTravesty
︻╦╤--
 
HelpTravesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A pale blue dot.
__________________
last.fm

Gooze.
HelpTravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #759
King CJ
CJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: washington township
If you even are thinking about pop punk music, you need to listen to these bands:
-The Story So Far
-Neck Deep
-The Wonder Years
-Real Friends

You won't be disappointed.
King CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #760
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
 
llanafreak44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Fast pop punk? Think Such Gold, and faster Title Fight songs.
__________________
Custom Telecaster
Ibanez TS7
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Marshall JVM
Peavey 5150
Mesa Rectifier Cab
Marshall 1960B cabinet

http://www.last.fm/user/llanafreak44
llanafreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.