Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #39981
Trowzaa
Banned

and the saturation of incredibly shitty mods from people trying to make a quick buck
Trowzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #39982
EndTheRapture51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Personally can't understand how anyone can justify being 'outraged' at this modding thing, unless there's something I'm missing.

To clarify, people (and some of you guys) are up in arms because some modders would like to charge for their mods? And that's it? There's nothing saying all mods are paid for, and free is no longer an option?

Anyone who thinks it would go against the community ethos or ruin the future of modding, clearly isn't aware of anything outside of their little modding world - freeware and commercial audio plug-ins and software have both existed for a long time and neither is harmed by the other, with many people (myself included) finding some of the freeware to be better and in other cases the commercial stuff.

You can go on about 'it should only be donation-ware' but that is the developer of the mod's choice to make, not yours, and the amount of people donating would be pitiful - same as with torrenting music and piracy in general.

I've made about 5 x 5 paragraph long posts on the problems of paying for mods, go back in the thread to read them to get an overview of why people are mad.

Also if you're not an avid modder like I am then you probably might not understand why it is such a bad thing.
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #39983
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by behind_you
The pay cut and the lack of curation/moderation

What pay cut? A pay cut for who? As for moderation, that's something they'd have to work out. That isn't a problem with paying for mods though, that's a problem with keeping an eye on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
and the saturation of incredibly shitty mods from people trying to make a quick buck

How is it any different from places like Play Store or the App Store though? They manage fine, with user reviews, and just because a mod is paid doesn't mean you have to try it out and risk losing your money - wait for reviews of it? Or Steam have to review mods before they're accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
I've made about 5 x 5 paragraph long posts on the problems of paying for mods, go back in the thread to read them to get an overview of why people are mad.

Also if you're not an avid modder like I am then you probably might not understand why it is such a bad thing.

I saw and skim-read your post when it was posted, and none of it is valid in my opinion. Try reading what I said and pointing out what you disagree with, rather than just saying "Oh, read what I said the other day for my opinion on it", or accept that I'll just dismiss it as irrelevant

For the record, I was asking if there was anything I was missing from my summary in the previous post - is that all that is happening?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #39984
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

Holy shit, the ratbro covenant in DS2 is filled with the scrubbiest scrubs i've ever seen.
Got pulled into some guy's world, he tried letting the enemies and the slow water kill me while getting in a few pokes himself. He started healing so I decided i'd start healing too.
Killed the enemies easily enough, but he had run all the way around to the top of the area and was raining arrows down on me.

We had an arrow battle for a few minutes before I decided it was ****ing stupid, so I ran past all of the gyrm warriors to get to him and tore his asshole apart.
Got in the finishing blow while he was downing his final estus (he had used all of them).

During the rest of my exploration I only got pulled into one other person's world. Dat buffed red iron twinblade tho lmao. I died to him, but rly guys come on. There's more to Dark Souls than Havel's armor, a buffed winblade, and letting the enemies do your job.
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #39985
Ichikurosaki
PogChamp

sounds like me if im ever stuck having to pvp thank god i play offline and dont have to deal with that shit

PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp
Ichikurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #39986
naedauuf

That's why when I played I was a bellbro, bloodbro, or invade random worlds. Always courteous, always let them buff, bowed first. If another invader came in, I'd let the host heal and just stand back and watch. If they looked like they didn't want to fight, I'd either just kill myself or BC out. I want to 1v1 and have a good fun fight. I don't really give a shit about winning 100% of the time, some people unfortunately do.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #39987
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
That's why when I played I was a bellbro, bloodbro, or invade random worlds. Always courteous, always let them buff, bowed first. If another invader came in, I'd let the host heal and just stand back and watch. If they looked like they didn't want to fight, I'd either just kill myself or BC out. I want to 1v1 and have a good fun fight. I don't really give a shit about winning 100% of the time, some people unfortunately do.

That's good man

Also say your goodbyes people this baby is goin down in the next 30 mins or so, gotta prepare the new one

Demon Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #39988
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

Quote:

This is good etiquette.
Tho tbh, I was mainly just complaining that the person obviously summoned me there to scrub out a cheap kill, and when they saw I wasn't going to go down easy they just ran away and hid behind more bad guys.
Bloodbros... ehh idk. They're kinda supposed to be out for blood aren't they? Chase down your enemies, do what you can to win (other than being a shit and running to hide behind enemies to heal), and bathe in their blood after their gruesome defeat?

I've been having good fun in the belltower in SotFS. Good duels, lots of activity, etc.
Tho I have to admit I was a shit the other day. Put down my summon sign to try and join some cheeky ganks or just help the host through the area. Ended up with some guy who would super gank and use the "decapitate" gesture over and over.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #39989
naedauuf

The only reason I bloodbro is to get Cracked Red Eye Orbs.

I ****ing HATE the matchmaking bullshit in that covenant. It matches anyone, no level consideration. So if you're aren't high level, you probably will get ****ed. Assuming you do win, you get 1 measly orb. The covenant sucks, but it's necessary for the soapstone and orbs.

I will either invade at a well known area (or /r/darksouls2 event area), or put down a red soapstone sign.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #39990
AnAngrySquirrel

I can't be bothered to stay up for the new thread, I'll just post on like page 18 or whatever it gets up to in the morning.
AnAngrySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #39991
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

Quote:
The only reason I bloodbro is to get Cracked Red Eye Orbs.

I ****ing HATE the matchmaking bullshit in that covenant. It matches anyone, no level consideration. So if you're aren't high level, you probably will get ****ed. Assuming you do win, you get 1 measly orb. The covenant sucks, but it's necessary for the soapstone and orbs.

I will either invade at a well known area (or /r/darksouls2 event area), or put down a red soapstone sign.

Actually in SotFS (I think even in the SotFS update for the DX9 version) they implemented some soul level matchmaking in the arena. Though if it can't find anyone at your level in a certain amount of time it matches you up with anyone, like before.

But yeah I didn't really mean the arena. I just meant invading as a bloodbro in general. No mercy! :D

There are a few better ways to farm Cracked Red Eye Orbs too. Put on that Agape Ring so you don't get tons of souls, join the Covenant of Champions, and farm the guys on the way to Undead Purgatory. Idk if you have to use an ascetic and make them the red phantom versions, but the CoC covenant makes it so that enemies don't stop spawning after you kill them a certain amount of times, so you can just farm endlessly.

Last edited by institutions : 04-25-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #39992
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader

Old 04-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #39993
CrossBack7
Vicious Dog Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
How is it any different from places like Play Store or the App Store though? They manage fine, with user reviews, and just because a mod is paid doesn't mean you have to try it out and risk losing your money - wait for reviews of it? Or Steam have to review mods before they're accepted?

Both the Play Store and App Store are curated. Yeah, both have some shit, but you're not going to get completely useless garbage on them for the most part.

Plus the discussion boards for paid mods are locked until you buy the mod, so you can't even see what people are saying about it.

I mean, I don't really give a shit about this either way, but the way they implemented it was objectively completely fucking idiotic.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #39994
Ichikurosaki
PogChamp

Quote:

isnt that what the pvp covenant is for, the dragon bone thing idk

if you're invading or a ratbro or whatever i thought it was expected to aim for victory over all else

PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp
Ichikurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #39995
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader

Ichi goddamit I spent the last hour listening to the NIER soundtrack and now I feel sad as ****

Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #39996
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBack7
Both the Play Store and App Store are curated. Yeah, both have some shit, but you're not going to get completely useless garbage on them for the most part.

Plus the discussion boards for paid mods are locked until you buy the mod, so you can't even see what people are saying about it.

I mean, I don't really give a shit about this either way, but the way they implemented it was objectively completely fucking idiotic.

That's more like the answer I was after So really then, there's issues but they're more about the implementation than the actual idea of paying for the mods? I'm fine with that argument, I guess Steam support need to improve the current way it's provided then.

In particular, the locked forums thing is stupid.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #39997
pugachev

Interesting view on the mod paywall. I agree with thishttps://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/33quz6/skyui_pretty_much_one_of_the_most_essential_mods/cqnqocl
pugachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #39998
Momentosis
Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory2134
Not skyrim, I do a lot of stuff for paradox games

paradox games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Momentosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #39999
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader

Europa Universalis, Hearts Of Iron

games so deep you need a goddamn diving bell to even attempt to understand half of em
Old 04-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #40000
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

And thus endeth the thread...

Ha, last post >.>

Rate This Thread: