Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
meard

3-hole pickup rings

Hello everyone,

I did see 1 other post regarding this but no solid answer, so decided to ask anyway, ..

I have recently bought a guitar as a project to do up, nothing fancy or expensive but a good little project for me,
However it came by post this morning and upon checking found that the pickup rings have 3 holes as opposed to the normal 2 im used to seeing,
after some extensive searching found a site in the USA selling what looks like the ones i need :
http://www.reproguitarparts.com/#!/~/product/id=5662733

however i would much prefer to purchase from the UK for time reasons mainly

Would anyone here know a place UK based that would sell these ?
I have already searched Ebay and had no joy

As you guys here at UG have never let me down with perls of wisdom i was hoping there are some experts here that could at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
meard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
SerpentineGtars
UK Guitar Maker

None of my regular suppliers sell what you want, but you could use standard rings and drill the required holes yourself
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

I've actually got one of these. Give us a fiver and it's yours. PM me if you're interested:
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
meard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineGtars
None of my regular suppliers sell what you want, but you could use standard rings and drill the required holes yourself

I had thought about this but was worried about having the 1 existing hole looking vacant, definitely a consideration if i cant get lucky,
Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself
I've actually got one of these. Give us a fiver and it's yours. PM me if you're interested:

Pm on its way, Thank you
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
meard

Unfortunately the wrong size
Seems there are a few different versions of this unit with varying distances between the pup screws,

In the mean time will be purchasing normal 2 screw pup rings, ..

but definitely still open to suggestions if anyone has any other info regarding these impossible to obtain pup rings

Thans for your efforts
Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
zenbone
King of two things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meard
I had thought about this but was worried about having the 1 existing hole looking vacant

Ran into this when i put the NYIIs in my grestch, i ended up putting a clipped screw with a nut behind it on one of the holes that didn't have any wood behind it. Just for looks basically.
zenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
meard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbone
Ran into this when i put the NYIIs in my grestch, i ended up putting a clipped screw with a nut behind it on one of the holes that didn't have any wood behind it. Just for looks basically.

You my friend are a a genius

now why in the hell didnt i think of that

Ill still probably keep my eyes open for this item for future purposes, but as for now i think you have just saved the rest of my hair being pulled out.

see, I always get pearls of wisdom from you guys here,
I F*****G love this place .... and you Zenbone (in a manly way of course, ehem )

Thanks

Rate This Thread: