Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Usernames sucks

10 minute daily vocal exersize?

Hi, i sing in a hard rock band (vocals like nirvana, foo fighters etc). Im a bass
/baritone, going from C# (two octaves below middle c) to E (right over middle c). Im not that great singer, so i want to: get better at singing overall, get better at falsetto/head/mixed voice and get a wider range (in the upper register).
I tought if i used 10 minutes of vocal exersizes to improve my singing every day, i would have a concistency that i would benefit alot from in tge long run. So for 10 (or 15 mins a day), what exersizes shuld i be doing to benefit most of? Thanks
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory

Last edited by Usernames sucks : 02-13-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
krajew4

Hi
I'm not a singer, but I do vocal training on daily basis (approx. 30 min / day). I use David Lucas Burge course on Perfect and Relative pitch. Basically he gives you some exercesises to do on each lesson - sometimes differnt for each kind of instruments you play. Before taking this lessons I was barely able to sing a clear pitch in range from low A to high E. What I do now is just singing some intervals (mainly perfect 5ths and 4ths) and for the most time of traning I just play random intervals (from minor 2nd up to octave + perfect 5th) and chords with 3 notes trying to hear and sing each pitch separately. After a couple of days I'm able to sing from low G to high F# and for sure I can go in like a month to low F# to high G. Maybe try some of this exercises or take a look on the course I mentioned.

Last edited by krajew4 : 02-13-2013 at 11:04 AM.
krajew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Duce180

10 minutes isn't very long. Thats not even long enough to warm up your voice really. I'd shoot for 30 to 60 minutes using a good singing program, theres many out there. I can reccommend Singing Success since ive seen good results from it. I should also reccommend first that you see a vocal coach if you take singing seriously, best results come from a coach.
Duce180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
Usernames sucks

Yeah, i tried to post this on the modern vocalist forum, and pepole almost seemed offended because i tought it needed so little work. So i have decided 30 mins most days a week.
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
aaron aardvark

Usernames sucks,
I'm not saying I'm a good singer and I have taken no formal training. But for me, singing in the car, with music playing that I like, while I am commuting helps me. Some people laugh at me (in other cars), or smile; I don't mind.
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
20Tigers

Haha I get those looks.

When I watched Click with my daughter she laughed at the guy singing in his car and said it was me. (I didn't care, I was quickly distracted by the slow motion shot.)

......But that's not vocal training.

Rate This Thread: