Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #541
Jilson324
Registered Asshole

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up a Tweaker 40 head pretty soon here, there's a used one at my local GC for 300-ish bucks I think it was. I was just wondering if those with experience with this head could tell me roughly what it's maximum situation where I could play it un-mic'd. I don't play in a band or anything right now, just jamming in friend's basements and at home, but I'd hope I'd be able to play some small shows if I wanted to.
Jilson324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #542
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilson324
Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up a Tweaker 40 head pretty soon here, there's a used one at my local GC for 300-ish bucks I think it was. I was just wondering if those with experience with this head could tell me roughly what it's maximum situation where I could play it un-mic'd. I don't play in a band or anything right now, just jamming in friend's basements and at home, but I'd hope I'd be able to play some small shows if I wanted to.

For a few bucks more, you'll probably be happier with the Tweaker 88, also available at GC Used. I had one before I went up to the TourMaster.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #543
Jilson324
Registered Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon
For a few bucks more, you'll probably be happier with the Tweaker 88, also available at GC Used. I had one before I went up to the TourMaster.

I had also thought about the 88, but I'm worried that it might be too much for when I'm just playing by myself at home and I won't be able to crank it enough to push the tubes or something. This is also going to be my first tube amp so I guess I'm also a bit paranoid about making the wrong decision when I comes time to buy.
Thanks for your help though dude.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #544
Ippon
Amped

You don't need to push it to power tube distortion (KT88). You'll be using the preamp tubes in conjunction with the EQ and Master for tone-shaping.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #545
Jilson324
Registered Asshole

All right cool. When you had your Tweaker, were you running it through the Tweaker cab?
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM   #546
black_box

I saw they dropped prices on at least some of their amps, the Vengeance ($999) and Armageddon ($1499). Has anyone bought an egnator lately? this thread is 6 months old now...
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: