Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #10681
PonyFan #9049670

Hello All, new member here. I am looking for a good music forum and hopefully this is the right one. Is it too early to ask for help finding Slaughter's "Fly to the Angels" bass tab??
FunktownBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #10682
PonyFan #8921611

Hello,

I'm just starting to learn on an acoustic (Tayor 210e) about 3 months now. I've been looking for a good place to get new simple music chords/tabs, have access to some tutorials, ask advice from seasoned players and also find motivation to keep my guitar from getting dusty.

Thanks,
Bruce
bpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:32 AM   #10683
PonyFan #9063949

Hi, first post from sunny southern Spain. Lots of access to good local guitar music from flamenco to R & B. As an older but not very good player, I have been fascinated by guitars for most of my life. I played in several rock bands when much younger as well as dance bands as an unpaid muso. Still have 2 acoustics - one is my first guitar bought in 1956, the other is a classical Spanish, as well as a Les Paul copy for when i want to annoy the neighbours.
Cedricmm445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:31 AM   #10684
PonyFan #5511463

Howdy Everyone ! I hope this is the right place for me to say hello !
gomezjrroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:07 PM   #10685
PonyFan #9055899

Intro

Hey, string people! Ultra-newb here from Durham, NC, USA

I'm 44 and have just started playing anything other than piano. I've taught myself to play a few things on piano: Silent Night, Greensleeves, some Fur Elise, some Moonlight Sonata. That took a few years visiting someone with a piano.

Lately, I strummed a friend's baritone ukulele (tuned DGBE) and liked it enough to buy a $40 Rogue (good quality for the price) for my own. With the help of the songs and tabs posted by users here and other sites, I've learned some chords. I started by learning Angie, and now I'm learning Space Oddity. I've played around with some Elvis, Talking Heads, Johnny Cash, etc. I've been told that I'm doing great for a self-taught newb; I only wish my voice were better! Maybe that will be next....

Many thanks to all of you who support this site and others with the tools to inspire folks like me. The gift of music is a great gift, indeed!

Randy

Last edited by OkeedokeeR : 03-31-2015 at 11:22 PM.
OkeedokeeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: