User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM   #23881
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Whew...just finished the interior detailing. Thanks brosephs!

It is indeed a good color, I really wasn't expecting much since I was set on wrapping it in a nice grey. But now seeing it in person, may not be necessary. The camera is making the paint's condition look a lot better than it actually is though... lots of swirls, scratches, etc.

As far as details go: 1999 NB, 62,000 miles, sport trims (but no LSD unfortunately), asking price $6000.

I've been casually monitoring the usual sites for potentials in the last few months. Saw this one in Northern VA earlier this week on Craigslist and called the guy up. He's a Miata and autox enthusiast who just got this car in November but is got a deal on another NB that is fully track prepped. Unfortunately this car has multiple owners and lacks serious record keeping but whatevs...I'll take the chance. Though I didn't do it, he had no problem with having it inspected.

I went to look at it with a friend who is much more experienced with buying used cars. Mechanically very sound, the engine bay is clean, and no rust. Took it for a test drive and everything is working fine. Interior is in great shape, vacuumed and everything... I didn't have to do much at all to detail it. Just wiped to condition the surfaces and rainproofed the glass panels.

The soft top is a little more worn than I would like and weather strippings will eventually be a problem. But I called a miata enthusiast friend afterward, mentioned I may replace the top, but he made it clear I got not just any soft top, but a soft top with a glass pane that also has defrosters. That's apparently a rare find for these. A nice little bonus!

Anyways, the seller wanted $6000 and didn't want to budge much... he knew they'll sell for more once the weather warms up. I pointed out a few cosmetic flaws and soft top condition, and we settled on $5700. According to my friend that was the easiest and smoothest transaction he's ever seen lol. We both happened to have the same bank and went in to do a direct transfer. He drove off in his other new NB lol

I didn't register for temp tags... After verifying / getting the title, I put on my previous BMW tag which I'm not even supposed to have at this point and we drove home lol. #nofuksgiven

I think this car is gonna be great. The shifter, clutch, and throttle are SO different from the 235. They contrast and complement each other so well and cover everything I want for cars. Really can't ask for much more imo...'cept a Cayman GT4.

Here are more pics, with my friend's S2K. How did I do?

show

Quoted for new page peeps

Damn, totes jelly. I'd love to have that car for driving around right now, throwing down those miles with good mpg while still havin fun

Last edited by DukeDeRox : Yesterday at 06:44 AM.
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #23882
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDeRox
Damn, totes jelly. I'd love to have that car for driving around right now, throwing down those miles with good mpg while still havin fun

DO IT

...modes and scales are still useless.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #23883
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

assuming it's not rebuilt or been in a catastrophic accident or anything, $5700 for 62k and the glass pane is a pretty good deal. The glass was the first thing i saw, i didn't even know they came with rear defrosting glass.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #23884
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Solid pick Xiao ! That british racing green is on point.

I would have bought an NA though, but it's faithful wishing to hope to find one as clean as your NB !

Now go out and enjoy the fact that sticky tires are dirt cheap for those cars and track that thing .

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #23885
dark Mass
ZORK

You got the all pros of the FD without the cons of it nice.(That's coming from a FD owner)

BTW stick some Toyo Proxes R888 since the car responds well with them.
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #23886
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Quote:
Thanks guise

DO IT

I would but I'm poor Food and shelter comes first haha

One day I'd like to make enough money to have a fun beater and turbo my Rx-8 for track days and fun days. And then buy the new Rx-7... And prolly a house... I might need a house to live in lol
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #23887
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Good_Lord
I would have bought an NA though, but it's faithful wishing to hope to find one as clean as your NB !
I like the NB stylings more. And yea....some NAs came up and didn't see any that weren't visibly in rougher shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark Mass
You got the all pros of the FD without the cons of it nice.(That's coming from a FD owner)

BTW stick some Toyo Proxes R888 since the car responds well with them.

lol thanks. This is gonna be the daily driver so a good quality AS tire is more what I need for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDeRox
And prolly a house... I might need a house to live in lol

live in the cars

...modes and scales are still useless.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #23888
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
lol thanks. This is gonna be the daily driver so a good quality AS tire is more what I need for now.

Why not buy a good set of summers and a decent of winter instead ?

I'd seriously love an NA miata for autocross and summer road trips in the northern roads, but I'm more likely to buy an AW11.

Last edited by Good_Lord : Today at 12:53 AM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #23889
dark Mass
ZORK

Quote:

I could list the issues that I have with FD RX7 but I'm going to spare you. (BTW I love the car despite it's issues)

I recommend get two set of wheels for winter and summer driving. Since a Miata on AS tires is like Usain Bolt sprinting in hiking boots imo.

Anyways I'm almost finished procuring the parts and supplies for my FD series 6 to series 7/8 conversion.

All need is 9 months to strip out the series 6 parts and paint/install the series 7/8 parts.

Rate This Thread: