Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #15241
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

hell yeah, white guitars! hah. looks good man! Plan on upgrading the pickups or not sure yet?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

SYLrules88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #15242
ThePIGI_King
I'm Lovin' It

Thanks man! I'm not really sure. I mean, I'd rather upgrade my rig first, since I'm playing a POD 2.0...I've also never changed pups before, and I'm a college student paying my way, so I'm gonna go ahead and say maybe if I have extra Christmas cash in 11 months haha
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
ThePIGI_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #15243
avskyvarda

Hello everyone. I have a small budget to but my first seven string guitar. Which one should I buy?

Jackson JS22-7 Dinky Arch Top
Schecter SGR C-7
Ibanez Rg7421

Any help would be great. Thanks!
avskyvarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #15244
TheStig1214
Lace Fanboy

Buy a used RG7421 from the late 90s/early 2000s. Those ones are made in Japan and are really good quality for the price.

EDIT: Or if you are in the US check out Agile guitars.

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
TheStig1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:57 AM   #15245
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

^ive heard nothing but good things about the quality of the Ibanez 7420/21 (20 has a floating trem, 21 is hard tail). and yes agile guitars are pretty good, you get lots of color and body style options, and they can be had for a low price. check them out at rondomusic.com. I would recommend against getting the other cheap brands found on that site like SX and douglas. Had a really bad encounter with a douglas once but ive had two great agiles.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Old 01-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #15246
avskyvarda

Thanks for advices! At the moment I'm not looking for an used guitar. I live in South America and we don't have much options of good guitars so I'm thinking about one of the three I mentioned.
avskyvarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #15247
Shredx
Inuendo King

Really Gasing for a Mayoness Duvell/Elite 7, anyone have any experience with em?

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #15248
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

^don't think anyone who posts in this thread has owned a mayones. they truly are some gorgeous axes though, id love to sit with one for a while.

also, musicians friend stupid deal of the day is some AKG headphones. lucky for me the ad just came up on facebook and im in dire need of headphones. normally $80, got em for $30. couldn't pass it up. id read generally poor reviews on the carvin set I was considering and those kept going up in price anyways.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Old 02-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #15249
gorkyporky
I like pie.

Hey guys, im finaly buying my 7 string, with like a year of delay from when i originaly wanted to buy it (goddamn car broke down, so thats where the money went). Anyway, ive been drawn the most to this Ibanez RGA z string:

http://www.thomann.de/intl/ibanez_r..._iron_label.htm

What do you guys think? The only other alternative that i found was this:

http://www.thomann.de/intl/jackson_slathxsdq_3_7_tr.htm

Yes, its cheaper, but a few weeks ago i playd a few ibanez guitars in the whole upper middle range and they all played incredibly nice. It also looks way better, and i already have 2 guitars with emgs, and i wanted something different. What do you think, should i go for the ibanez eventho its almost 200€ more expensive? Or do you have any alternatives for me? I want a hardtail guitar, so no tremolos. And no chapmans, those things are ugly as sin to me.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #15250
pantallica87
Schecter Wh0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkyporky
Hey guys, im finaly buying my 7 string, with like a year of delay from when i originaly wanted to buy it (goddamn car broke down, so thats where the money went). Anyway, ive been drawn the most to this Ibanez RGA z string:

http://www.thomann.de/intl/ibanez_r..._iron_label.htm

What do you guys think? The only other alternative that i found was this:

http://www.thomann.de/intl/jackson_slathxsdq_3_7_tr.htm

Yes, its cheaper, but a few weeks ago i playd a few ibanez guitars in the whole upper middle range and they all played incredibly nice. It also looks way better, and i already have 2 guitars with emgs, and i wanted something different. What do you think, should i go for the ibanez eventho its almost 200€ more expensive? Or do you have any alternatives for me? I want a hardtail guitar, so no tremolos. And no chapmans, those things are ugly as sin to me.

Man that Jackson finish is damn sexy!! The Duncans are a huge plus too. I'd have to take the jackson just from those two things alone. Just my thoughts tho, not knocking Ibanez. Rarely ever hear bad things about them.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
pantallica87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #15251
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

oooh those are both very nice looking guitars! ive somehow managed to hear pretty much no specific feedback on jacksons but most people who buy them are quite happy with them, even the non USA models. ive read a few instances of the iron label series having some surprising QC issues but then others have said they've been the best Ibanez' that they've laid their hands on.

both are going to have thin necks. do you have experience with blackouts? overall I like the response of the ones I once had. ive never heard of the dimarzio fusion edge model that the ibby comes with. I wonder if similar to a Duncan designed type of thing?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Old 02-16-2016, 02:41 AM   #15252
gorkyporky
I like pie.

I dont have experience with blackouts actually. But yeah, seems like the ibanez has some sort of ibanez/dimarzio pickups. Damn. Ill sleep on it a bit i guess. Ive honestly never played a jackson before, so im kinda scared of how it will play like. For ibaanez i at least have some frame of refrence about how their guitars feel like, but im not sure if i can justify the 200€ price difference on them... I do like the ibanez finish better than the jackson one tho.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #15253
pantallica87
Schecter Wh0re

Quote:
I dont have experience with blackouts actually. But yeah, seems like the ibanez has some sort of ibanez/dimarzio pickups. Damn. Ill sleep on it a bit i guess. Ive honestly never played a jackson before, so im kinda scared of how it will play like. For ibaanez i at least have some frame of refrence about how their guitars feel like, but im not sure if i can justify the 200€ price difference on them... I do like the ibanez finish better than the jackson one tho.

FWIW the Ibanez is 25.5 scale and the Jackson is 26.5. Keep that in mind.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #15254
gorkyporky
I like pie.

I dont plan to do much downtuning. Maybe to drop G. Would that be possible on the ibanez?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #15255
pantallica87
Schecter Wh0re

Quote:
I dont plan to do much downtuning. Maybe to drop G. Would that be possible on the ibanez?

Man I have a KM-7 with 12-64 strings on a 26.5 scale and its almost too floppy for me in drop G. Just preference I guess.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #15256
Stealthtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredx
Really Gasing for a Mayoness Duvell/Elite 7, anyone have any experience with em?

I've owned like 10 Mayones including Dusty from BTBAMs old one and some of Periphery's personal mayos. Great guitars. The duvell is awesome too.

UV7PWH
Stealthtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #15257
BCKRedBaron
Registrar'd Loser

Hey yall, been lurking in this thread for a while. Can I join?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

7 String Legion

Last edited by BCKRedBaron : 02-19-2016 at 06:43 PM.
BCKRedBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #15258
lemurflames
Ronnie

Only if you hand over that Universe!
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
lemurflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #15259
BCKRedBaron
Registrar'd Loser

Naw, not the Uni! Now the Carvin? Yeah that one's up for grabs, selling it to fund an Ibanez...

Sorry in advance for the long post...

Alright, so if I'm gonna jump in here I guess I oughta contribute. So, the Universe is a '98 model I bought off ebay in '08. Got it setup in drop-A with a 10-56 set. Reading some of the posts on here, that's a pretty light string set compared to what some of y'all are using, but this guitar has more string tension than just about any other standard-tuned guitar I've owned. It's not hard to play per se, but I better be on my toes because it's unforgiving. I really like the Blaze pickups it has, but the bridge PU took a while to grow on me. The mids are pretty scooped but it's a very clear sound. I loved the neck PU from day 1, because it's brighter and not as...rounded...for lack of a better word, as many neck PUs.

The Carvin DC727 I also bought off ebay, I think it was a fully-loaded order because it has a bunch of electronic stuff on it that most 727s don't have (active controls, coil taps, phase switch) and it has a name on the truss rod cover. This thing is a lot heavier than my Uni, it's made of mahogany with a maple top, and the tone is really beefy. I have it set up in A-Standard. The reason I want to get rid of it is because the tuning is so unstable. Which makes no sense because it has Sperzel locking tuners on it. Anyone got an idea as to what is causing this? Operator error?

The Ibanez I want to buy is the Iron Label SIX27. I believe Accidental posted a NGD thread on his SIX70 which is the 6-string version. Anyone have any experience with that guitar?

7 String Legion

Last edited by BCKRedBaron : 02-19-2016 at 08:35 PM.
BCKRedBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #15260
ThePIGI_King
I'm Lovin' It

^If the nut was slotted improperly than it could have tuning issues.

Other than that, KILLER guitars man, and welcome

EDIT: Hey man, can you take a close-up on that bridge? It doesn't look like a hipshot to me, it looks more like the Ibby bridges they slap on the RG8? Maybe it's my eyes?
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic

Last edited by ThePIGI_King : 02-20-2016 at 02:33 PM.
ThePIGI_King is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: