Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #241
N04Hz_Ark

• Not really sure why half the tab gets deleted when "Manually highlight chords" is enabled. I posted this comment in my last tab submission, but it's probably better to post here.
  • (Also my input, I don't know where it originally begun ) I think users should be registered in order to submit tabs or at least the "Allow other contributors to improve this tab" should be ticked.
  • I would also highly recommend doing tabs on some text editor. Guarantee no loss of content. Once done, just copy and paste into the "Create new tab" page. I only don't know why you'd use the webpage over a text editor, at least at this stage it's very basic and there are bugs
N04Hz_Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #242
NeoMvsEu
Sing the anthem of life

Try a different browser; it's likely that something in the browser's getting backed up, not the UG system.

Unregistered users' tabs have that box auto-ticked.
NeoMvsEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #243
N04Hz_Ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMvsEu
Unregistered users' tabs have that box auto-ticked.

If so, I don't understand everyone else's complaints then. I was unaware of this.

I also think providing the album title the song is featured on, or a YouTube link would be extremely helpful. For example, if a popular artist does a "Live Acoustic", which one would it be, you know?

Thanks.
N04Hz_Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #244
Ximich
UG Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camell
When I click on the contributions tab on my profile, I should be placed to where my contributions are on the site, not to the editing part. If I want to edit the tab I'll go to it and click the edit part. If I visit my contributions (and I would guess most of every one does) it is because I want to play the song and use the tab. Mostly not for editing. That was a pretty stupid update to be honest. Send me to the whitest background in the world, sure, but when I click the tab you should bring me to the tab, not the edit of the tab. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
I agree... I finally found out if you click on your NAME instead of clicking PROFILE it will take you to where you can click on your tabs and it will then take you to how it used to be and bring up what you want.... I found this out by accident really... And it is the only way to go back and be able to also sort them by date, rating, like it used to be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxChrisTxxxx
Got to say, agree with the above comments - prefer the way it used to be.

As you wish :-)
Now tabs on "My Contribution page" link to tab on site. Also added Edit button for quick editing.
Ximich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #245
mick.croft

This was my first contribution. It was rejected as a duplicate. There were 11 Versions of the Song "A Whiter Shade of Pale" None have the Keyboard part and some are just wrong.

Asked to look at he difference and I assume now the Green Highlight is my stuff and the Pink the Difference?

In any case... Nobody has the Keyboard part. That is mine! Took a little while. As I said I wrote it because there was not full version as I was looking for one! So I thought if someone else was looking then this would be great for them. I could also find it on my App as well and put into a Playlist.

Then I had someone say Rate First before Appeal 3???? Love any help on that!

Thanks. Tell me what to Rate?
mick.croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #246
killergege

When there are a lot of already existing tabs and they have a good rating, a new submission might be rejected a bit quickly without too much analyzing, so you have to explain why yours is worth keeping.
After posting a tab, you can add a comment to explain why it's different from existing ones, did you add a comment explaining why ?

I guess the user told you to rate the other tabs. Indeed, if you checked them all and are not satisfied, you should at least rate them (if you already did that, great !).
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: