Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #8881
dawgeth321
UG's Soarin'

Hasbro should totally make an adult version of MLP, that aired on something like Adult Swim, and that was basically the major wars and power struggles in Equestria. Think Game of Thrones, but with the Ponies.

dawgeth321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #8882
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

If they were going to make it all epic and mature, the title, 'My Little Pony' would sound a bit silly.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #8883
dawgeth321
UG's Soarin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
all i really wanted to point out was that nintendo worked on innovating the gameplay and visuals/art, which is what the game (and the zelda series in general) is praised for

Nintendo is definitely more evolutionary instead of revolutionary with their games.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #8884
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgeth321
Hasbro should totally make an adult version of MLP, that aired on something like Adult Swim, and that was basically the major wars and power struggles in Equestria. Think Game of Thrones, but with the Ponies.

If there was an Adult Swim version of MLP it would be nothing like that.

It would be something aimed for and most likely made my 4channers, it would be Ren and Stimpy but with pastel colored ponies.

Now I am not against Ren and Stimpy but I dont want to see my favorite series ruined by **** heads like JackleApp and that asshole that wrote Turdcakes or whatever.

/rant

It would be named something like My Little Mental Handicap or something.
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #8885
dawgeth321
UG's Soarin'

edit: ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
If they were going to make it all epic and mature, the title, 'My Little Pony' would sound a bit silly.

No! That's the best part! Totally different than what you'd expect

My Little Pony: The Griffon Wars

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #8886
FireFromTheVoid
Yung Venuz

No u
FireFromTheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #8887
dawgeth321
UG's Soarin'

No u.

I'll be back laters
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #8888
FireFromTheVoid
Yung Venuz

whatevs, see ya'

Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #8889
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

So, what MLP theme would you write a space/prog rock odyssey about?
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #8890
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Holy ****ing shit online dating sucks ass
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #8891
Shotgunmerc
UG's Scootaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated

Very much so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar0player
So, what MLP theme would you write a space/prog rock odyssey about?

I really like writing things inspired by nature, so I would probably write about Canterlot or Cloudsdale, which are built into a great mountain and within the clouds (respectively)
Shotgunmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #8892
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:

Havent we already been over this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunmerc
Very much so

I really like writing things inspired by nature, so I would probably write about Canterlot or Cloudsdale, which are built into a great mountain and within the clouds (respectively)

That definitely sounds interesting.
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #8893
Shotgunmerc
UG's Scootaloo

Quote:
That definitely sounds interesting.

I have several ideas related to nature in one way or another. One is called "Magnolia Tree". It's a little nostalgic sounding (imo) but opens up into this really pretty section that I need to work on. Inspired by the magnolias we had in the front yard of my old house; the house got condemned a little over two years ago and those trees are the only things left standing in that lot.

I have another idea tentatively titled "Orchard" which I wrote on a whim one day while thinking of apple orchards. I have no idea why.

I have a really nice, ambient progression that I'm thinking of as "Sky Sanctuary", just a peaceful place among the clouds

I have a few ideas inspired by water that are currently unnamed

I dunno. For me, it helps to envision in my mind what I'm trying to write about, it seems to make the music feel stronger. I feel more connected to ideas that have imagery behind them. Not that my other ideas aren't good, but I feel much more emotional (positive and negative) when I have an image attached to the music
Shotgunmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #8894
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunmerc
I have several ideas related to nature in one way or another. One is called "Magnolia Tree". It's a little nostalgic sounding (imo) but opens up into this really pretty section that I need to work on. Inspired by the magnolias we had in the front yard of my old house; the house got condemned a little over two years ago and those trees are the only things left standing in that lot.

I have another idea tentatively titled "Orchard" which I wrote on a whim one day while thinking of apple orchards. I have no idea why.

I have a really nice, ambient progression that I'm thinking of as "Sky Sanctuary", just a peaceful place among the clouds

I have a few ideas inspired by water that are currently unnamed

I dunno. For me, it helps to envision in my mind what I'm trying to write about, it seems to make the music feel stronger. I feel more connected to ideas that have imagery behind them. Not that my other ideas aren't good, but I feel much more emotional (positive and negative) when I have an image attached to the music

From experience what you gotta do is picture every scene in your mind and think of a melody that will be suitable to the picture as a soundtrack. Basically, re imagine the picture as a soundscape. That's what I do anyway.
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #8895
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Quote:
Havent we already been over this?

Yeah, I'm just really lonely.

I'm on an island. All my friends live at least 20 miles away. The area I live in is a shithole so I can't hang out around here. I only hang out with people 5-10 years older than I am, so to most of the women I meet I'm "adorable."

This whole breakup thing has just destroyed any shred of confidence or self-esteem I had, and there wasn't much to begin with. I got Bella because I represented an escape from her shitty life and when I became part of the shitty life she realized that I was just not a particularly fun or nice person to be with. Now I find myself realizing that there is nothing about me that anyone in any way would or should find attractive and I just REEK of desperation.
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #8896
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just really lonely.

I'm on an island. All my friends live at least 20 miles away. The area I live in is a shithole so I can't hang out around here. I only hang out with people 5-10 years older than I am, so to most of the women I meet I'm "adorable."

This whole breakup thing has just destroyed any shred of confidence or self-esteem I had, and there wasn't much to begin with. I got Bella because I represented an escape from her shitty life and when I became part of the shitty life she realized that I was just not a particularly fun or nice person to be with. Now I find myself realizing that there is nothing about me that anyone in any way would or should find attractive and I just REEK of desperation.

That's the low confidence talking. Trust me, people like ME! If people are capable of doing that surely there is something to like about you.
Old Today, 01:58 AM   #8897
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Quote:
That's the low confidence talking. Trust me, people like ME! If people are capable of doing that surely there is something to like about you.

You seem really nice.

I'm not saying there aren't things to like about me. There are. I'm a decent person. I'm kind to people, and I'm moderately fun to hang out with in small doses. But that's it. Past that, I'm a mess of a person to know. I am a chore to be around for long periods. I lash out at people. I have depressive episodes that last for days and make me an absolute bear to be around. I'm a negative shithead about everything.

I'm good for having a drink with now and then, talking about guitars or music or something. I can always be that spare friend you need when you're in a tough spot. But you don't want to be close to me. No one does.

Last edited by iwannabesedated : Today at 02:01 AM.
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #8898
FireFromTheVoid
Yung Venuz

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid : Today at 03:35 AM.
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #8899
dawgeth321
UG's Soarin'

Quote:
But you don't want to be close to me. No one does.

Except that, you know, someone already did. You're in a rough spot, but it'll pass. Just don't let it get to you

Old Today, 03:51 AM   #8900
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
You seem really nice.

I'm not saying there aren't things to like about me. There are. I'm a decent person. I'm kind to people, and I'm moderately fun to hang out with in small doses. But that's it. Past that, I'm a mess of a person to know. I am a chore to be around for long periods. I lash out at people. I have depressive episodes that last for days and make me an absolute bear to be around. I'm a negative shithead about everything.

I'm good for having a drink with now and then, talking about guitars or music or something. I can always be that spare friend you need when you're in a tough spot. But you don't want to be close to me. No one does.

Trust me dude, its not like that.

Rate This Thread: