Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #31841
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I have hope too. Unless Yianni doesn't have hope than we should all have hope.

Supremacy, first half of Madness, Prelude+Survival (music is actually good, lyrics are so bad they're good), Animals, Explorers, and Isolated System are all good tracks still.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #31842
steve_muse
Never had this before

Yianni would still love them if they turned to j-pop or something

What happens in the second part of Madness? You forgot the greatness of panic station and follow me. Really the only two songs I don't care much for now are Chris's

Last edited by steve_muse : 09-27-2014 at 12:02 PM.
steve_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #31843
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

lol

The part where Madness goes downhill for me is when the RIM drums come in and it sounds like U2. It just kind of ruins the momentum and doesn't do anything for me. Everything before that has a cool psychedelic pop vibe that I like.

Follow Me is actually good I can give you that. It's not their greatest though. I liked Panic Station at first but it's a little meh imo and they aren't as funky as they think they are.

I agree with the Chris songs. Liquid State is alright (but feels like a b-side), Save Me isn't very good at all. I feel bad because after The Resistance came out I said I wanted Chris to get a shot at lead vocals for a song. Then it happened and I didn't care for it.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #31844
Uber-rocker
tell us your final wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
Hey kai, you big stranger

I didn't even watch the love in Rome thing lol

Well hey there Steve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
Here is what you could expect from Live in Rome:

1. The dumb glasses + camera thing during Madness.
2. Lots of extra 'actors' brought in (it kind of worked during Animals).
3. Lots of Matt walking around without a guitar, even more than when The 2nd Law tour still started. (even in Blackout he doesn't play guitar anymore. In some songs this works but without his guitar playing a lot of the songs sound thinned out. And honestly aside from a few slower songs his stage presence is much better when he has a guitar.)
4. Too many stage changes and corny mic positions. I remember one song when they positioned the mics so that Matt and Chris face each other instead of the audience. These are not inspiring 'scenes' lol, and the way they change it every other song is not good.
5. Worse set list and overall not the energy that they used to have.

Really if they ditched the corny gimmicks their set would still be great. I don't mind the fancy stage stuff (the towers during the Resistance tour were cool) but they haven't been good for the past three years.

I thought the dumb glasses were kind of cool As long as it doesn't become a regular thing.
I'll agree with point three and four - Matt needs to be with a guitar or at a piano. He isn't a soloist with a backing band. Point four - having Chris and Matt face each other works on a live DVD but I see your point, I doubt it works from the perspective of actually being there.
Resistance tour > T2L tour. I remember when I went and saw them in Brisbane last year, from memory the last song they played was Survival and it almost sounded like they were either sick of playing it or they were playing it because they had to. Had no energy or feeling to it. It didn't make me like the song by any means

Quote:
lol

The part where Madness goes downhill for me is when the RIM drums come in and it sounds like U2. It just kind of ruins the momentum and doesn't do anything for me. Everything before that has a cool psychedelic pop vibe that I like.

Follow Me is actually good I can give you that. It's not their greatest though. I liked Panic Station at first but it's a little meh imo and they aren't as funky as they think they are.

I agree with the Chris songs. Liquid State is alright (but feels like a b-side), Save Me isn't very good at all. I feel bad because after The Resistance came out I said I wanted Chris to get a shot at lead vocals for a song. Then it happened and I didn't care for it.

I love Madness, the vocals towards the end give me chills. "I need your looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove "

And Panic Station. Still love it, the video is awesome

Quote:
Yianni

Quote:
Yianni

Whatever happened to him? Does he still lurk around at all?

Last edited by Uber-rocker : 10-05-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Uber-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #31845
arcanom

so apparently muse is recoridng at vancouver and they shared a picture from studio. My best friend studies at UBC and from that pic, he searched and found the studio they are recording at. He is a huge muse fan as I am and he is definetly going to pay them a visit. Im so jelly
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #31846
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Welcome to the glorious myoos thread arcanom. weird how they are recording in Vancouver if that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-rocker
I thought the dumb glasses were kind of cool As long as it doesn't become a regular thing.
I'll agree with point three and four - Matt needs to be with a guitar or at a piano. He isn't a soloist with a backing band. Point four - having Chris and Matt face each other works on a live DVD but I see your point, I doubt it works from the perspective of actually being there.
Resistance tour > T2L tour. I remember when I went and saw them in Brisbane last year, from memory the last song they played was Survival and it almost sounded like they were either sick of playing it or they were playing it because they had to. Had no energy or feeling to it. It didn't make me like the song by any means

The dumb classes probably look alright if you're actually there.

From what I've seen Survival is a great closer; either I'm wrong or it was just a bad night. Resistance tour was probably their best tour out of their newer over the top tours (biased because that's the one I saw in person. )

Quote:
Whatever happened to him? Does he still lurk around at all?

I still see him in GG&A. He dropped by here a few months ago for the first time in forever.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #31847
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

I think this will be the first Muse album release I've been interested in for a while. Lots of other albums scheduled for release soon too...

It could be a fantastic year but I'm still not holding my breath.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #31848
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Any word on the new album then? I assume it will take a similar path as the last 2, with Muse trying to tackle different sounds and genres and generally not being as good as OoS and Absolution.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #31849
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_m2k5
Any word on the new album then? I assume it will take a similar path as the last 2, with Muse trying to tackle different sounds and genres and generally not being as good as OoS and Absolution.
Well it's been said by the band that they're going for a rawer, stripped-back sound, similar to that of OoS. Time will tell.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #31850
steve_muse
Never had this before

Quote:

They said they're doing away with electronics and stuff for the most part so who knows. plus a sequel to citizen erased apparently. Colour me interested.

also, yay, 2 regs back already

Also, they posted a video of Matt playing a solo but from the room where only the drums are heard

Last edited by steve_muse : 10-06-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #31851
arcanom

Quote:
They said they're doing away with electronics and stuff for the most part so who knows. plus a sequel to citizen erased apparently. Colour me interested.

also, yay, 2 regs back already

Also, they posted a video of Matt playing a solo but from the room where only the drums are heard

Im still waiting for someone to tab out that solo. NEED TO HEAR IT NOW!!
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #31852
Uber-rocker
tell us your final wish

Quote:

If everything they're saying about the album is true then it should be a deviation from the last couple. I'll still lap it up.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:05 AM   #31853
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Interesting... but I won't get my hopes up until I hear it.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:12 AM   #31854
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Before The 2nd Law was recorded they said it was going to be stripped back and 'emotional'. We know how that turned out. With this album they are sticking with it (so far) after recording has already begun so we will see.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #31855
Uber-rocker
tell us your final wish

Haven't they been playing a few older songs - b-sides and the like - at their most recent performances? I think Matt said that that's generally a good indicator of the direction a band is taking when it comes to record.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #31856
steve_muse
Never had this before

Freeeeee me, freeeeee me, freeeee me from this wooooooorld, I don't belooooong here, it was a mistaken priiiison in my souuul

also, super Soz will ive just been busy and the message thing keeps fkn up badly, hang in there tho
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #31857
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

It's cool Steve. I understand that you have an actual life outside of this site.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #31858
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-rocker
Haven't they been playing a few older songs - b-sides and the like - at their most recent performances? I think Matt said that that's generally a good indicator of the direction a band is taking when it comes to record.
Not even the tamer b-sides. In some cases its been their most aggressive material: Agitated and Yes Please performed back to back...
Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #31859
Uber-rocker
tell us your final wish

Well that's what we want isn't it..?

Rate This Thread: