Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Musician Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Dangerzone812

Talking Any Houston bassists looking to jam with a vocalist/guitarist/pianist and a drummer!?

Hi!
My buddy and I are trying to start a band, he plays drums, and I play guitar/piano and sing. We're trying to find a bassist who could do back up vocals and meet up on evenings/weekends to jam! Someone around our own age would be awesome [college aged].
Just to give you a flavor of our influences:
I'm influenced a lot by: Muse, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, Jack White, and a bunch more.
My buddy mentioned he loves the RHCP, Rush, Incubus, AC/DC, Black Sabbath.
I don't think we all have to have the same favorite bands. It would add to some interesting collaboration if there was some variety, but an appreciation for rock would be preferred.
A bit of our backgrounds. He's been playing drums for almost 10 years now and did back in middle school and high school. He's a college kid now.
I recently graduated, and I play guitar and piano. I used to do musical theater and am a trained vocalist, so stuff like Muse styled singing is good for me.
Hope to hear back from someone soon!
Dangerzone812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
etc2702

Hey dude, how's it going?
I've been looking for people around my age (23) with similar influences in Houston for a few months now, mainly in craigslist. So far, I met with a couple druggies who wanted to rehearse in a cabin in the middle of the woods, and two high school kids who were more interested in smoking a water pipe than in playing. As you can tell, I haven't been exactly lucky so far.
Today, as any other day I took a look in craigslist in case there was something interesting and when I didn't find anything (as usual) I decided to take a look here, without much hope since it's a worldwide forum, so imagine my surprise when I saw that the thread at the top was about two college guys from Houston looking for something very similar to what I'm looking for!

I agree with you in that bandmates don't have to like the same bands, but we definitely share influences. My favorite bands are Queen, The Beatles, and Guns N' Roses. They are my main source of inspiration when I try to compose something, but I also love Led Zep, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, The Who, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, The Kinks, Rush, Van Halen, Aerosmith... and softer things like Oasis, Elton John, Tom Petty, The Police, The Shins, The Wallflowers. As for modern bands, I like Jack White and The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, The Darkness, and The Killers. I don't like listing influences because I feel like I'm missing many (and I surely am), so I hope I just gave you an idea. My dad is a music collector so I was lucky to grow up listening to pretty much everything, and I can appreciate any genre.

About me: I'm 23, singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist. I consider myself a songwriter first and I really don't care what instrument I'm playing, although I'd like to sing certain songs. I would LOVE to have another lead singer in the band and be able to create amazing vocals and harmonies, in the sense of Queen or The Beatles (or Muse, who you seem to like). I have no ego and wouldn't have a problem sharing lead vocals, singing only certain songs (like they did in Queen, The Beatles, or Kiss). I've been playing guitar and singing for almost 10 years, and I've played bass for around a year (at a church). I currently do not own a bass, but would be willing to buy one if everything clicks and that's what's needed.
I'm also a college graduate (I'm a programmer). I have a full time job and could meet most evenings after 5, although depending on our locations it may only be possible to meet during the weekend. I'm in the NE side (Atascocita) and would not mind driving for the right people.

Sorry for the book I just wrote, but so far this sounds like the best possibility since I started trying to form a band months ago, so I'm excited about it. Hopefully you are also interested. If you are, please contact me through PM or send me an email at "erictrigo at o-u-t-l-o-o-k DOT c-o-m".

Hope to hear back from you. Take care!

Last edited by etc2702 : 02-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.
etc2702 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: