Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Bands & Artists Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: So, do you like em?
ya 2627 24.78%
sorta 1271 11.99%
eh 2888 27.25%
no 3814 35.98%
Voters: 10600. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
whyvern
jet skis on the reg

Punk BOTM - Jan 2007!!!! - Queerwulf

Queerwulf are a region rock band from Chattanooga, TN / Huntsville, AL. They're one of the best known "Noogcore" bands along with ADD/C and Jack Palace Band. They've played with just about every notable DIY band you can think of.

They're really awesome. Their new LP is out and you can get it from the No Idea website as well as a few other places online... you should get it... It's only 8 bucks.

They sound like this:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=104957

If I had to describe what they sound like I'd say late 80's Bay Area punk a-la Crimpshrine.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #22
mcra7xra
Banned

Location: six feet down in a grave in a graveyard rotting with blue skin and organs oozing out my mouth
Punk BOTM (February)-Satanic Punk International Conspiracy

sorry one day early but i gotta do it today or wont remember...

Satanic Punk International (aka S.P.I.C.) is a band from Marfa, TX, 30 miles from my town. They have made several demo thingies, and will have and EP out soon. The singer is not exactly "great" but it's still weird cool greatness that rocks. Metal styles are used sometimes in some of their songs, but mostly just punk awesomeness (metal is awesome not saying otherwise). Here is their band url:
http://www.myspace.com/satpunintcon
they are also really cool guys, they are hosting a punk festival in march, and let my band play there without even knowing us really. or hearing their music.
well

kick arse man

rock on.

punk on.

S.P.I.C. on.

heehee.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work

Punk BOTM (March) - Chaos UK

http://www.myspace.com/chaosukmusic

"Chaos UK began its long journey in 1979, with a lineup consisting of vocalist Simon, guitarist Andy, bassist Kaos, and drummer Potts. They eventually signed with Riot City Records and released two 7" records in 1982. That same year, they released an eponymous LP with a slightly different lineup. Kaos had moved to vocals, and new members Spot and Nige took over on drums and bass, respectively. They left the label soon after and disappeared until 1984's Lawless Britain, also known as Short Sharp Shock, which came out on Children of the Revolution Records. They also had a new lineup at this point, now featuring singer Mower, drummer Chuck, guitarist Gabba, and Kaos. An interesting minor controversy would result from this album, as Michelle Shocked would release an album called Short Sharp Shocked with virtually the same cover art, much to the band's dismay. The lineup actually lasted to the next album, 1986's Radioactive Earslaughter, which came out at the same time as a split disc with Extreme Noise Terror. Without any real reason, they went into semi-retirement almost immediately afterwards, staying out of the music scene until 1989, which saw the release of Chipping Sodbury Bonfire Tapes on their own Slap Up Records. The title was a dig at Shocked, who had an album titled The Texas Campfire Tapes. Mower would soon leave the band, bringing Kaos back to vocals and bringing in Beki on bass. The Live in Japan album was recorded in 1991 (although it came out three years later), but after their tour of the east they would lose Chuck and replace him with Devilman. They also added a second guitarist, Vic (ex-Reagan Youth). This lineup would release the Making Half a Killing album soon after (the title is a play on another Extreme Noise Terror split disc). 1993 saw the release of One Hundred Percent Two Fingers in the Air on Century Media Records. New drummer Phil Thudd and new bassist J. signed on for King for a Day (1996), Morning After the Night Before (1996), and Heard It, Seen It, Done It (1997), but Devilman was still in the band and even played on the albums while Beki had since left. Members of the band began to start side projects, including A.D. Rice and the Wuzzuks, but they still released Total Chaos in 1999 and Chaos in Japan in 2001."

-Taken from their myspace.

Good band, and the only person I ever hear mention them on here is UraniYum. I guess I'd describe their sound as kinda UK82-ish. Enjoy. If you guys want, I'll put up one of their albums on the gmail.

JIVE TURKEY PIE
Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
whyvern
jet skis on the reg

Punk BOTM: May - Friday Knight

They're Chattanooga punk rock band w/ members of ADD/C and Panty Shanty... the toured last fall but now everyone lives all over the place. They're on Plan-It-X south and have split out with Panty Shanty. It's a good record:

www.myspace.com/fridayknight666
Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #25
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work

Punk BOTM (June) - Government Warning

http://www.myspace.com/governmentwarningrva

Awesome hardcore straight outta RVA. For fans of early Black Flag, Void, Circle Jerks, the Faction, etc. Really catchy and tight.

JIVE TURKEY PIE
Old 08-08-2007, 02:35 AM   #26
whyvern
jet skis on the reg

Punk BOTM {August 07} - Jay ******

There's like a gadjillion garage rock fanboys that **** over everything that Jay ****** has ever done. This is true. He has done alotta amazing stuff, but I think his solo stuff and the Angry Angles are his best. Check it out here:

http://www.myspace.com/jayreatard

It's kinda got that old Soviet Punk sound to it (at least the tracks from the actual LP did), the way all the instruments mesh together really tightly. You can hear the garage rock standards but its also poppy as ****. Highly recommended. Go out and buy the album now. It's on In the Red you can find it somewhere.

Does anyone have webspace that I could use to host mp3 files for doing band of the months? I'm wanting to dive into more obscure things that you can't find on the internet and I got a good turntable to mp3 software thing running now. Hook it up. Ya know ya wanna hear good music.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #27
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!

Punk BOTM (November) - Beat Beat Beat

Beat Beat Beat melds ‘77 punk hooks with the energy of early ‘80s hardcore, and power pop-esque catchy songwriting skills. Saints meet Adolescents? Johnny Thunders meets early Briefs? Exploding Hearts gone KBD? They released their first full length, "Living in the Future", about a year ago and it's great. I've been listening to them a lot lately and I enjoy them quite a bit, so maybe you will to.

http://www.myspace.com/beatbeatbeat
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Old 11-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #28
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Punk BOTM (November) - Beat Beat Beat

Purty cool
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #29
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work

This band is pretty awesome. Nice find.

JIVE TURKEY PIE
Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #30
StreetLight3989

Awesome, now I have another band on my list of CD's to buy.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #31
Jett Diamond
DOG MAN DANDY

Sweet, I'm glad these guys are up! I love them!

Rate This Thread: