User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 12:15 AM   #19261
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by progbass
If I was shot by policemen for whatever reason, what stores would you poufs loot in my honor?

I'd steal an 80's Dodge half ton utility vehicle with a 360 V8.

Last edited by Crazed Shredder : Yesterday at 12:34 AM.
Crazed Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #19262
progbass
UG Resident

Ahhh got rid of that last year for a motorcycle buddy. I recently bought a 2014 Ram 1500 express, quad cab with the 5.7 v8 Hemi
Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM   #19263
rg_metal
The Clit Commander

One thing I don't miss about living in the US is paying for gas. I despise paying for gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
rg_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM   #19264
progbass
UG Resident

7-8 dollars for 2 gallons at 55+ mpg is pretty boss which is why I have the motorcycle
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #19265
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

I want to do the same thing, keep a truck for hauling stuff around, and get a bike for everyday driving. I haven't driven a roadbike before, just a dirtbike which is a lot of fun.

Nice choice on the Ram. I've always been a Ford guy, but nowadays it seems like Rams are are always one step ahead of Ford and Chevy trucks. My dream truck would be a 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab with a Cummins diesel and a 6 spd standard.

So last time I saw you on here you had pretty recently gotten your BSME, if I remember right. So what kind of work did you get into? I'm going into my junior year studying Mechanical Engineering so I'm curious what the job market is like.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #19266
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

As a guy who cares little about practicality and a lot about speed (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc) if I were to ever own a truck (which I won't) it would be an 04 Ford SVT Lightning.

My dream car is a 73 Firebird Formula with a modern 350 in it, coincidentally that I'm going to build in a few years time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
A creamy guinness from a proper shitty old man bar will save your life, but a bad one from a nightclub will destroy your arsehole.

lfm
Helloween4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #19267
kirkisking
I'm always drunk

****, I drive an SUV.
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #19268
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

SVT Lightnings are pretty cool, but its 2WD, lowered, and has a short bed, so there is nothing really trucklike about it which misses the point for me.

If I wanted something with speed and handling then I would get a used WRX. If I had more money than I knew what to do with then I would buy the new M3.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #19269
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

Yeah lol, I'm not much of a truck guy. Its basically a race truck, which is why I like it haha.

M3s are stupid expensive though and you're getting into brand new Vette territory at that point, not to mention you could get a 09-12 ZR1 for that price or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
A creamy guinness from a proper shitty old man bar will save your life, but a bad one from a nightclub will destroy your arsehole.

lfm
Helloween4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #19270
progbass
UG Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Shredder
I want to do the same thing, keep a truck for hauling stuff around, and get a bike for everyday driving. I haven't driven a roadbike before, just a dirtbike which is a lot of fun.

Nice choice on the Ram. I've always been a Ford guy, but nowadays it seems like Rams are are always one step ahead of Ford and Chevy trucks. My dream truck would be a 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab with a Cummins diesel and a 6 spd standard.

So last time I saw you on here you had pretty recently gotten your BSME, if I remember right. So what kind of work did you get into? I'm going into my junior year studying Mechanical Engineering so I'm curious what the job market is like.

I didn't get my BSME yet, still working on it. Job hours conflicting with class times and such. I did move to a career in telecommunications - I'm a 911 dispatcher.

The 5.7 Hemi isn't a bad motor, and my mom has a big horn laramie edition of your dream truck but with the automatic transmission. Its decked with all sorts of interior goodies though.

And if it wasn't clear I did opt for 4x4
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #19271
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

Do you have an idea what industry you want to use your degree for, or just engineering in general?

I'm curious how the 1500 diesel drives. It is supposed to get 28mpg which is exceptional for a full size truck, and has plenty of torque.

Last edited by Crazed Shredder : Yesterday at 08:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #19272
progbass
UG Resident

Can't say about the 1500

And I wanted to into alternative energy or weapons development.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #19273
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Like solar power?
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Your only chance to evacuate, is to leave with us
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #19274
RiffYourFaceOff
burned and died

The 3.0 diesel actually has more torque than the 5.7, but of course translates to significantly less horsepower. Wouldn't be as fun to drive as the hemi but it's good to see diesel options expanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
I don't care what my dad says, you metalheads are alright.
RiffYourFaceOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #19275
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

More torque less horsepower is all good and fine in a truck. Because power is a product of torque and angular velocity, it means the engine's peak torque is at lower RPMs. For example, my truck has a 300CI Inline-6 and it makes 265 ft-lbs of torque and 150 hp. Compared to a 302CI V8 which makes about the same torque but over 200hp, my truck would be able to haul the same load in a higher gear since the torque peak is at 2000rpm where the 302 is at over 3000rpm. And that is what you want with a truck, high rev acceleration is not important.

Yeah, I'm excited to see more diesels come to the US. In cars they are much more practical than hybrids, and in trucks they offer better towing capability and better mileage than gas V8's.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #19276
RiffYourFaceOff
burned and died

Yep, if I remember correctly the Nissan Titan is getting a Cummins v8 option with a year and I think the Frontier and new Chevy Colorado may be getting diesel options as well. I'm all for more diesels across the board. I hope VW/Audi bringing more diesel cars over here will pressure the american big 3 to offer more diesel cars as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
I don't care what my dad says, you metalheads are alright.
RiffYourFaceOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #19277
progbass
UG Resident

Yes as in solar and other viable options.

I've got 395 HP and 410 ft/lbs torque on my truck which is balls compared to the diesels (we have 2 diesel Cummins and those things are workhorses)

I'll actually be doing a 1200 conversion for the bike (its a 01 883 HD sportster) where I dial the torque range to be centered around 1800-2500 rpm and keep the stock rocker heads (just reseat the valves) to increase velocity for air intake. It jumps the bike up to like 90 Hp while weighing 450 lbs without a rider. The high torque in the low rpm range makes it lethal. Can't wait to tear it apart as I'm liable to do a hard tail conversion too.

Rate This Thread: