Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
alicemalice

Urgent! Need help wiring pickup

I'm trying to wire a Seymour Duncan SC 101 Bridge pickup (which is actually a Duncan Designed pickup based off of the Seymour Duncan SSL-6) into my strat.

I'm trying to put it in the NECK position of my strat. My strat has a 5-way switch. It has a black wire, red wire, and awhite wire...but I can't figure out which wire(s) should be grounded.

I'm pretty new to this, so please forgive me if I sound stupid here lol
alicemalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Viban
UG's resident bum

I think it's either them or dimarzio that has diagrams on their site for this.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
alicemalice

I don't even know why I still ask questions on this forum. If I could have found the diagram for this pickup, then I wouldn't be asking you guys. Wow.
alicemalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

How do you think we find the info? Most of the time black is ground, but that isn't totally universal. If you can't find the info for the pup online then email duncan.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemalice
I don't even know why I still ask questions on this forum. If I could have found the diagram for this pickup, then I wouldn't be asking you guys. Wow.

http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams

There you go. For future reference don't be a whiny brat and learn to use google, asshat.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Phoenix V
Registered MUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams

There you go. For future reference don't be a whiny brat and learn to use google, asshat.

Its even easier than that.

See the sticky links at the top asking you to read these before asking questions?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1019006

This sticky link already contains embedded links to manufacturers cabling diagrams, etc plus a lot of extra tid bit UG user knowledge across a range of topics

In fact, 90% of the questions on this entire forum could be answered for the most part just by reading the stickys and the community could assist to help fill in any gaps.

But its obvious, all the great information and work that has been put into these is ignored in favour of just making another thread about a topic that has already been asked a bajillion times before about information that can be readily found.......

My gear is in my Profile

Hondo 780 Deluxe Refurb

Gibson Studio Build
Phoenix V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix V
Its even easier than that.

See the sticky links at the top asking you to read these before asking questions?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1019006

This sticky link already contains embedded links to manufacturers cabling diagrams, etc plus a lot of extra tid bit UG user knowledge across a range of topics

In fact, 90% of the questions on this entire forum could be answered for the most part just by reading the stickys and the community could assist to help fill in any gaps.

But its obvious, all the great information and work that has been put into these is ignored in favour of just making another thread about a topic that has already been asked a bajillion times before about information that can be readily found.......

+100
This is so well said that I think I might just paste this into all of the threads I see from now on that go in this direction.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemalice

That's funny, everytime I answer a question like yours, I'm thinking "can't this guy just use google". Seriously If you can't use google, then you shouldn't be trying to rewire a guitar.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: