Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
Reddaz

Not really, the one I have has a kind of non scratch rubber covering on the side in contact with the body. Unless it's a really old or really high end custom shop with the sensitive lacquer finish on the guitar I doubt this would be in anyway reactive.
Reddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #22
steven_ferns84

I have gone the DIY route & made some like these http://www.instructables.com/id/Eas...ade-from-Picks/
Only thing I did different was grabbed some old worn out ones and used a paper punch to make a hole in them instead of a drill. Two of these .80mm thick ones on each side of the strap works just fine for me.
steven_ferns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #23
AndyGray
UG Addict

Schaller strap locks are fantastic. They were so good the screw came out my guitar before the straps came off. Worth every penny.
AndyGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #24
flexiblemile

buy two grolsch beers, drink them, remove the two washers from the closing assembly, fit them to your strap buttons, profit
flexiblemile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #25
Nuggs

I have Dunlops on my SG. Went on with no problems at all and work fine. I have Schaalers on my Strat and they have worked flawlessly for nearly 20 years. Either would be fine.
Nuggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: