Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #3421
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

I think regular Budweiser is decent. Not great of course, but far from being garbage. Would I buy it? No. I'd drink it if it was offered though.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #3422
Wormholes
i love your wall

Well my beer is actually smelling like beer and not fresh grain so I guess that's a good sign(just smelled the fumes coming out the airlock not going to risk opening the bucket until It's probably done and I take the second gravity reading).
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #3423
ESPLTDV401DX

Drinking some rogue chocolate stout. Man this is really good
ESPLTDV401DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #3424
Wormholes
i love your wall

Bottling tomorrow. Opened the pale for the first time and there's no yeast cake on the top(aside from around the edge of the bucket) and it stopped bubbling and burping a few days ago so I might have been done fermenting. Haven't done the second gravity reading but it'll probably be ready to bottle. Smells like beer. Is a lot darker than I thought it would be for an APA. Nice dark amberish color.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #3425
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Had a Mestachibo 2.0 last night, a delicious American Pale Ale. Dark amber, almost a red beer !
Old 02-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #3426
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

I bought some Hitachino Nest XH, which is aged in sake barrels. I think I'll try it tonight. I'll be interested to see if the sake flavor comes through. The base beer is a Belgian strong dark ale.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #3427
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
That sounds incredibly good !
Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #3428
whoomit

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
Bottling tomorrow. Opened the pale for the first time and there's no yeast cake on the top(aside from around the edge of the bucket) and it stopped bubbling and burping a few days ago so I might have been done fermenting. Haven't done the second gravity reading but it'll probably be ready to bottle. Smells like beer. Is a lot darker than I thought it would be for an APA. Nice dark amberish color.

Just a couple if tips (don't know how much you know about brewing)

If you're adding sugar for 2nd fermentation, don't add it bottle by bottle, add it to the whole batch!

I've found that two weeks in the bottle at room temperature is good for the yeast to work it's bubbly magic.

Then leave beers in fridge for at least 48 hours, this supposedly (I'm not 100% though) helps the beer 'absorb' the fizz
Old 02-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #3429
Wormholes
i love your wall

Oh yeah I already know that. Add it to the bottling bucket before added the beer so it'll mix it good. Though the guy at the supply store did say he just puts the priming sugar/water in the microwave and I've only heard of people boiling it so idk. That may just be for people "making" the priming sugar, and I just got a bag of their premade stuff cause why not.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 AM   #3430
SGstriker
ANuStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper75
I bought some Hitachino Nest XH, which is aged in sake barrels. I think I'll try it tonight. I'll be interested to see if the sake flavor comes through. The base beer is a Belgian strong dark ale.

How was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #3431
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
How was that?

Dunno. Didn't end up trying it yet. I'll update when I do.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #3432
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Dogfish head's Chateau Jiahu.

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #3433
Wormholes
i love your wall

Everything went pretty smooth. About 43 beers, five short of two cases. Seems good for just under 5 gallons, with no yeast cake nastiness in any. Got enough to try a glass, tastes pretty damn good for being flat and filled with sugar. Hope there's no gushers but there's at least 1in to 1-1/2in space in each bottles and I made sure not to put all 5 ounces of the priming sugar(read 3.5-4 for a lighter beer like mine is ideal) in. Haven't gotten diarrhea so it must be safe to drink. current ABV is a tad over 5.5% so with the extra fermentation from the sugar it should finish at just about 6%. Sounds good to me.

They should be good enough to drink two sundays from now. I'll probably test one and then my dad birthday is on the 14th so we'll probably start drinking them then, and probably make some mead that day before we start our second batch. Definitely going to get something darker, maybe a coffee stout/porter. Then maybe experiment with a small 3 gallon batch of something with oak cubes or something. Maybe a barely wine if that's not too complicated.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #3434
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Having a Solstice d'Hiver right now ... It's as good as it sounds ! 10,2% Barley wine, bit more bitter than what you'd expect from that kind of beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/14735/

Last edited by Good_Lord : 02-22-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: