Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #20521
Ablast

Good work everybody. Awesomeness all around.

I hurt my shoulder yesterday, I can't figure out how. I did some squats, Bulgarian split squats and staggered front squats yesterday. Trying to see which ones feel best.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #20522
TheChaz
UG Newbie

Today's workout

Back Squat
250 3x5

DB Bench Press
80 1x5
100 1x5
90 1x5

DB Rows
120 3x5

Seated DB curls
40 3x8
rest pause 1 rep every 5 seconds for 3 minutes

Getting back to being more focused in my workouts has made a huge difference. My legs and back feel much stronger already, my chest is growing, and my shoulders are getting there. Shoulders have always been tough for me because of my damaged collarbone. I'm moving to San Diego a week from Sunday, so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time at the beach swimming now as well.

Last edited by TheChaz : 07-23-2015 at 05:24 PM.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #20523
eli7121
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8byf8bob
whats your total now?? Thats a good DL for 150 lbs

It really isn't anything impressive. Deadlift is definitely my strongest. Squats are really bad, I'm focusing on them a lot but I can only hit about 300 with walk out and full depth and all. Bench is around maybe 235 paused. I've hit 265, but that was touch and go and I was stronger at the time. Trying to get to a 1000lb total at least before I compete.

Dread - Yeah I can definitely gain the 10, I'm just trying to minimize the fat as well. Do you have any tips for sit ups? I maxed push ups and run, but they always get me. Maxing them every day, or working in sets, or what do you think works best for that? I have good core strength, I just suck at sit ups.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #20524
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

PRd my snatch, clean and jerk and front squat. 72.5kg, 95kg and 115kg respectively. Then hit back squats and deadlifts so my cns is dead

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #20525
Ablast

My lats have gotten a lot wider since I switched from doing pullups/chinups (usually 3 sets of 2-3) and started doing 3-5 second negatives (5 sets to near failure), I'll stick with this until I can do about 6 full, slow-controlled chinups.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #20526
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Started doing front squats as they don't agitate my back and I'd like to eventually start doing some Olympic lifting. Currently at a 3x5 @ 185lbs, but should go up pretty quickly once I get used to the motion.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:14 AM   #20527
TSmitty6
In the traphouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablast
My lats have gotten a lot wider since I switched from doing pullups/chinups (usually 3 sets of 2-3) and started doing 3-5 second negatives (5 sets to near failure), I'll stick with this until I can do about 6 full, slow-controlled chinups.

Did this today. Good advice. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #20528
Ablast

Anyone here try BioGro? BB.com is having a bogo sale and I'm interested in it, but I could also use the bogo to get some pre w/o
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #20529
Dreadnought
Mountain diver

Been taking a little bit of a break from the weights these past two weeks.

Today was a good back and bi workout, focusing on some techniques I haven't done in awhile. Since injuring my right rear shoulder, my pullup endurance and strength has suffered significantly.

1) Snatch
Worked up to a weak 1RM of (155#) and then 3 sets of 3 at 115#

2) 5x ascent/descent of peg board

3) 3 sets of L pullups

4) 10x T pullups

5) 3x5 tuck lever pullups

6) 3x5 ice cream makers on rings

Doing the ice cream makers on the rings was a challenge. Could not keep the scapula retracted quite like I could on the bar

Also, I just recently started doing snatches again. I hurt my forearm tendons in both arms a few years ago, and that has seriously limited what I can do with weights. I'm getting back into snatches just to work on bar speed and power. I usually stick to 95 or 115 pounds. I'm not concerned with the total weight.
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #20530
Wiegenlied
Registered Usurper

Shoulder feels better today but theres a lot of popping when i move it in certain positions. Possible impingement? Reanalyze some of my form. I think i may be flaring my elbows on incline bench
Wiegenlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:48 AM   #20531
TheChaz
UG Newbie

Well I passed out on the couch last night after my last shift and my job and I woke up with a very aggravated neck and upper back.

Still made it through my workout
Sumo DL: 355 3x3
OHP: 115 3x5
BB Rows: 145 3x15
Did some biceps work after that, but my neck was constantly irritating me, so I decided to call it.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #20532
Dreadnought
Mountain diver

A tweaked neck is so annoying

Rate This Thread: