Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
BraedC

Buying New Acoustic - Seagull Entourage QI w/CW vs Natural Elements Mini Jumbo w/CW

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to decide between 2 acoustic guitars. Either the Seagull Entourage Rustic QI w/CW ($850 Aud) or a Natural Elements Mini Jumbo QI w/CW Wild Cherry ($910 Aud).

First of all, I went into the guitar store local to me not knowing about Seagull, the sales rep there showed me the Entourage after looking at a few Yamahas, but I really liked the Entourage out of the bunch of ones he showed me. So I went home and did alot of reasearch on it and was pretty much convinced that I wanted the Entourage.

So I went back In and got it as a Lay-by (Pay it off over three months, but got it at the sale price $850, instead of $1000.) but now I'm having doubts about it, I prefer the look of the Natural elements alot more. I want to know what the tone difference between the two would be, I have read that Mini Jumbo's may be more balanced?
Also if theres a suggestion on any other Acoustic electric guitars under or around $1000 Aud.

Thanks

Links to the two guitars -
Entourage: http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagu..._rustic_cw.html
Natural Elements: http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagu...ment_at_mj.html

Last edited by BraedC : 03-04-2014 at 10:09 AM.
BraedC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

i haven't played the natural elements guitar.
my only advice is... if you really liked the tone of the entourage, take that one without hesitation. looks won't get you anywhere. once you sit down and start playing, you completely forget what it looks like.
so if you wanna love the guitar for what it does for you, get the entourage.
if you want one that's pretty hanging on the wall, get the NE.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i am a huge fan of the seagull mini jumbos - i personally prefer the sound of the entrouage mini jumbo to the dread - but haven't tried the natural elements one yet. i must say that it looks sweet. on the other hand, if you really like the sound of the dread, there is that. you can't beat playing a guitar that sounds good to you.

btw, may i ask what country you're in? those entourage models sell for $500 in the u.s. and should sell for less in canada.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
BraedC

Yeah its does make a lot more sense to chose which one sounds better. I might go into the store this weekend and try the two side by side if I can and compare.

I'm in Australia Patticake. The prices are alot higher here which sucks
BraedC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: