Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
kaneorsomething
Guitar User

Vox AC15 to Vox AC30..Worth the upgrade?

Hey guys, recently got my hands on a guitar I'm very much happy with and see no upgrade in the near future. I play a classic player jaguar (and an epiphone dot, should the mood take me) into a Vox AC15. I mostly play small venues at the moment, but was wondering if you felt a distinct improvement in tone between the two amps? The 15 is perfectly suitable in terms of volume in my current situation. Is it worth the upgrade?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
I K0nijn I

Depends. They're different amplifiers with about the same voicing, really. An AC30 isn't just an AC15 but louder.

I'd get the AC30 in the first place (have owned an AC15 in the past), but if you're happy with the AC15 and is suitable in terms of volume as you say, I'd probably save the money.
I K0nijn I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
l3p4rd
ponx

Quote:
Originally Posted by I K0nijn I
Depends. They're different amplifiers with about the same voicing, really. An AC30 isn't just an AC15 but louder.

I'd get the AC30 in the first place (have owned an AC15 in the past), but if you're happy with the AC15 and is suitable in terms of volume as you say, I'd probably save the money.

I agree. The AC30 is going to give you more headroom but plenty of people like the sound of an AC15, if you're looking for something to buy maybe look at an exention cab for the AC15?

If you're not happy with the sound from the AC15, then try an AC30 out if you can.
Gretsch G5120
l3p4rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: